getting a new doctor

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Hey all, I am in my new home in Marysville now. Finally all settled, Ian is in school. The only major downside to this move is the change in medical care. I finally got signed up in my new tricare region. I hate the fact that I had to get signed up for a military doctor, they are aweful. I am switching after tuesday to a civilian doctor that works for Providence hospital. it's a little clinic that is run by providence, which is supposed to be an awesome facility. I'm trying to get in with an internist named Micheal Andreani, and the I'm trying to get the kids in with a pediatrician whose name I can't even begin to pronounce or spell. Fortunately, they all follow their OWN patients. If anybody has ever been on tricare, you know that when you call that appointment line, they assign you to a doctor, but you see someone different every time, and they push you out the door after 15 minutes, and as all of you know, it takes that long just to give our medical history. It's really frustrating, and I am 3 weeks late getting my blood drawn because I haven't been able to get into my doc until this coming tuesday. I told them it is imparative I get my blood drawn, I had to get extremely firm with the lady it was to be this week or else! I was MAD at the way they treated me! The lady was like, "well, he's booked up until..." I was like "Look, it will be tuesday or else I will be talking to the CO. No more of this, I am on an anticoagulant, I HAVE to have my blood tested." She didn't even know what an anticoagulant was! She kept asking me personal questions about my healt and WHY I had to get an appointment NOW. UGH. Sorry, just needed to vent. Thanks for listening, and sorry I have been scarce, I've been extremely busy with the move and finding everything around town. It's hard to move to a new area, but we're doing well with it. Ian is LOVING his new school...I thought that would be a tough change for him, but surprisingly, he's doing great! Kevin goes to San Diego Saturday to meet his ship and will be home next Friday. He goes on his six month cruise at the end of feb. I am prepared for it though, and I will handle it better than the last. Well, I have written you guys a book, so I need to get going. I will keep you posted though, I promise!

Hi, Joy. Thanks for bringing us up to date. You sound like the typical young mother/wife these days.

Sorry about your medical chaos, but I guess any move requires a start over from scratch situation. You sound like you are right on top of it now that you know the ropes. Stand your ground, my dear. You are doing just fine.

Love......

Don't stay away too long.

Latest posts

Back