Getting a coagucheck

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perkicar

My cardiologist here has told me that if I want to do home testing, he'll write an RX for me to get a home tester. How hard is it for insurance to cover? How often will I need to get it confirmed with a lab test? Who do I check with at my insurance co to see if it will be covered?
thanks in advance for any insights you can offer. He wanted me to do the research between now and my appointment with him next Wednesday.

thanks-Carolyn

Carloyn,

If you work with the folks at QAS, they will send you all the forms and handle the insurance end. You will have to get a form filled out by your doctor and send to them. They then submit it to insurance for pre-authorization. You will get a notice from your insurance as to whether they approve it and what the copay is (if any).

Be sure and have your doctor indicate the need for weekly testing and it helps if you mark that you travel a lot. Those 2 items (along with long-time coumadin use) are the things the insurance companies use to gauge approval.

I still lab test every few months because it makes me feel better. I do not think it is necessary and am to the point where I think I will cut back to every 6 months.

Latest posts

Back