Get a load of this guy ....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Wagner

Get a load of this guy. We may hear from him soon! This is right after he finished a 13.1 mile half-marathon. My wife and brother were laughing so hard they had to get a picture. :eek: :D

Hey some guys just can't quit no matter what they do. Sorry for him, but I've been there too. ;)

I have been filling in at the front desk of the hospital where I volunteer. Of course no one can smoke in the hospital and the smoking area is outside the front entrance. You would be amazed at the patients that come down to smoke. They are pushing IV carts, hooked up to machines, etc., etc. and they can't even wait to get to the smoking area to light up. The second they are out the door they pull out their cigs and don't even care that they get yelled at by security.

There was even a pregnant woman the other day. I just wanted to choke her.

PJmomrunner said:
Is that a flask in his left hand? :D

Looks like it might be a can of beer. Light beer, I'm sure - after all he's in training... :D

(the other) Mark

The Cowtown races always have a beer vendor (sponsor). Cowtown (Fort Worth) races include several 5k's, 10k, half mary, marathon, and lots of spectaors. They push the beer as a post race carb boost. But a cigarette?

Pam Osse said:
I think the point is being missed - he finished the damn race, didn't he??? I know I sure as heck couldn't do it, even not smoking! And, you gotta wonder...it is "really" a cigarette? It could be a "happy" one - congratulating himself after the race!

And, like Ross, been there...still there...trying to get out of there... :mad:

I went to the first LA Marathon and I remember these guys, big beer bellied...they "ran" the race, stopping at every bar on the way. The news crews started following them because they were hysterical. It became a tradition with this group, the LA Bar-athon! Sort of like the Doo-Da Parade.

Pam,
I don't think Mark meant finishing the race was the point. His point was that even after finishing a half marathon, the guy had to have a cigarette.

I was there (smoking) too, but kicked the habit years ago. That was one of the best gifts I ever gave myself.

Pam Osse said:
I think the point is being missed - he finished the damn race, didn't he??? I know I sure as heck couldn't do it, even not smoking! And, you gotta wonder...it is "really" a cigarette? It could be a "happy" one - congratulating himself after the race!

And, like Ross, been there...still there...trying to get out of there... :mad:

I went to the first LA Marathon and I remember these guys, big beer bellied...they "ran" the race, stopping at every bar on the way. The news crews started following them because they were hysterical. It became a tradition with this group, the LA Bar-athon! Sort of like the Doo-Da Parade.

I think Pam just 'spanked me'! :eek: No offense to the guy, and my point was just as Mary stated. (by the way Pam it was not a 'happy cigarette')

You know a week before I ran my marathon; twice at work; I had to walk around a corner only to have some smoker absent mindedly blowing smoke in my face. One, I should not have to breathe that crap. Two, I am currently watching an Aunt and Uncle presently going through the last stages of emphzema; because even though one quit, the other kept it up; and now both are dying. It is terrible to see them both on oxygen; and my 72 year old dad having to go over in the morning and help my Uncle get socks on his feet for circulation, then go back and take them off each evening.

I know fighting a battle of addiction must be hard, but anyone whom would choose the addiction over the good health of those around them is selfish. (Some how I think even Doctor Phil would agree with me. :rolleyes: ) I did not say they or you yourself are 'bad people' Pam. You and others can do what you want, just keep your bad habits out of my face and my childrens face. A heart problem is bad enough, I certainly don't need bad lungs too.

Now I met this thread to put a smile on peoples face, because you have to admit, there is a little contradiction here????? :confused:

:) Mark

Could be a new type of energy bar, "Powersmoke". Probably gets into your system faster than "GU". And there's always the benefit to others from second hand power fumes.

Pam:

Do you belong to any online forums that support smoking cessation? I don't even know if they exist, but they should. It would be a good forum to add to VR.com.

Or have you tried the American Lung Association's online cessation program?
https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/k....lungusa.org/site/pp.aspx?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=22933

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_10_13X_Quitting_Smoking.asp

At any rate, I'm glad you're quitting. I know from second-hand experience that it is a struggle for years, but the struggle eventually gets easier until it's not a struggle anymore. Good luck.

P. J.

ClickerTicker said:
While we're on the subject of exercise, I couldn't resist pointing you at this picture:

http://www.friday-fun.com/showpic.shtml?pic=inamerica.jpg&width=450&picname=Only%A0in%A0America

It's from a friends "Friday Fun" web site - loads of other funny pics (from a very British sense of humour).
You know what? While that may seem odd, it's probably a law so that people with disabilities have access to the building! I could be wrong, but many businesses have been sucessfully sued for hampering entrance by disabled people.

Except how do you get a wheelchair up the escalator?

Signed,
The Bratt

geebee said:
Except how do you get a wheelchair up the escalator?

Signed,
The Bratt
Perhaps that community has a stumper that navigates only with paddles. We had a guy here in Canton for years with no legs, pushing himself in a cart. Poor guy got nailed by a train a couple years back.

Latest posts

Back