Funny turn

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue943

At work today I felt very odd, trembling, sweating, generally feeling awful. I came home and have an appointment to see my GP this evening. I don't know if this is connected to me missing a dose of warfarin on Sunday. I have been feeling short of breath lately and when I cough up any matter (not a lot) it is blood tinged.

I will let you know how I get on. That might be the end of my working, or at least for a while!

Sue, I'm hoping you get a good report today. Just wanted to let you know you have my prayer and good wishes. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm wondering if you have an upper respiratory infection. I highly doubt it's the result of your missed warfarin. You take the drug long enough, you're bound to miss it from time to time.

Sue,

Sorry you are feeling poorly. I agree that this is unlikely to be connected with a missed dose. Sounds like some type of infection.

Good luck at the doctor's.

Do you have chest pain?

If you do, run to the ER. You could have thrown a clot to your lungs.

Good luck. - Marybeth

I spoke to the duty doctor this afternoon and decided to wait until this evening to see my own doctor rather than have the duty doctor doing a home visit. My echo apparently was quite good although there is slight mitral regurgitation and it cannot rule out sub-acute endocarditis. I have no raised temperature and only the slgiht discomfort that I had before with endocarditis. If I get a temperature he will have me admitted immediately, He has given me antibiotics in case it is a respiratory infection, and signed me off sick until 17th April. He thinks I ought to consider longterm incapacity and not returning to fulltime work. Apparently the antibiotics might upset my INR so he thought it just as well that I will be having it checked this week.

Thinking of you

Thinking of you

HI Sue and I hope you get some answers as to why you feel so lousy. Hope you are feeling much better soon!!!:)

Hi Sue...sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope everything goes ok for you.

Maureen

Sue, I hope you feel better soon. Myself and Martin are thinking about you. Please keep us informed if you can.

Big Hugs from us all (HUG HUG HUG)

I must say it was good not to have to get up early in order to go to work today.

A month ago I was anxious to get back to working, now I really don't fancy working again, ever. When this medical certificate runs out in a couple of weeks time I will probably ask my doctor for a thirteen week certificate, then when that runs out, another. I will probably have to go before a medical board at some time and they might declare me fit for work, we will have to see. If this should happen I can either appeal or just stop working and receiving benefit, my retirement pension kicks in in just over 19 months so it would be mean of them to force me back to work.

I have started my antibiotics today and will have my INR check tomorrow.

Back