Funny Hallucination Stories

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinalovescats

I'm in chatty mood tonight,friends!

Does anyone have any funny stories?

1.When I woke up 6 days after surgery,the nurse was looking at me,and I started giggling and he asked what's so funny.I said " You look like an alligator " and he started laughing and said " That's what you get when you work 12 hour days,you look like an alligator.

Would love to hear your stories.

I have no memory of this but apparently when I woke up I insisted I was going to take a walk with my husband to the point where I tried to get up and leave! I got somewhat agitated and starting fighting with the nurses etc to let me leave and apparently I was using some colorful language, LOL! I must have had it in my head that I was supposed to be walking and they were stopping me from my important task! They finally had to tied me down, legs and arms! Luckily I have no memory of any of this.....

The nurses response to your alligator comment was funny!

Oh and I have another one......

When they were rolling me into the OR I was quite happy, actually kind of giddy, and I was looking all around the room commenting in a giddy high pitched voice on all the equipment and how cold the room was and I was asking them to show me equipment and how it worked as if i would be using it. The anesthesiologists were joking around with me and having a great time, we were all cracking up until a cranky nurse came in complaining that I should be unconscious by now. I proceeded to tell her that it's Ok because I was having fun!

Haha,that's funny!

I hallucinated that my mom ate every meal,I kept telling her to stop eating my food! She's like,I'm not eating your food.I said yes you are and we were arguing.Then the nurse,pulled her aside and told her that I'm hallucinating.She goes Ohhh...then my mom apologized to me.

This is great! My first day home after surgery I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I heard a comet hitting the Earth…......I swore it was a comet…......and it was going to kill us all –HAHAHA!!!

Then I thought – “oh great, I survived open heart surgery… just to die in a cataclysmic world event” HAHAHAHA

Haha!

The day before I had surgery,I had the cardiac Cath lab and they were prepping me for it.I had my blood drawn a few times,my dad fainted and he had to go the ER.So my mom was going back and forth visiting me and on my dad on both floors.
Anyways,during my Cath lab,I hallucinated he died.So,when I woke up in the recovery room 2 hours later,my mom was on my right side and my dad was on my left side.I smiled at my mom,then turned to my left and was like..I thought you died!
He said,"Nope still here." I was confused for awhile.I asked if I was in heaven.They both said "No" and I was like "So I'm not dead?" I got the same reply "No" and then I said " Are you sure dad you didn't die? He goes "No,I'm alive" and I went "Oh good,because I need gas money" and they started laughing even the doctor.

I took two Stilnox once to get some sleep. I turned my head and my bedside table became a red-light district: Drunk dudes coming out of night clubs, street signs and shops everywhere.

I started a thread in 2010 that discussed my and others ice psychosis. Lots for good stories.

www.valvereplacement.org/forums/forum/post-surgery/35124-icu-psychosis

I went to UDUB in 2002 for my first AVR and got a bovine valve. Simple out in 4 days. The bovine only lasted 7 years so time for another AVR. The second AVR in 2009 at Stanford was alot more complex (ascending aorta too) and was in the hospital for a couple of months. That's where/when my funny hallucination stories happened.

Latest posts

Back