Francie12 & Other Iowa members!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew'sMom

Jane ... are you safe on high ground? I was thinking of you yesterday as my husband is in Iowa and was evacuated from his hotel last night due to the flooding! I hope you & any other Iowa members are staying safe!

Hi! Thanks, our small town is not close to the river, but I am so sad for the people in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Iowa City is the closest city to us and is very hard hit, with much of its downtown underwater. The river is about to crest at 31.8 feet--a record breaker by a long way. It seemed so unreal until this morning when we went up there and saw bridges underwater, malls almost deserted. A friend of ours saw people lugging suitcases up onramps on foot headed up to the freeway. It has been sad for the farmers for awhile with late planting and soggy fields. There is a big cleanup ahead. Hoping for drier days ahead for our neighbors up north.

I too have been wondering about our folks in the flooded area.
I have a friend in Clive, Iowa, (Des Moines area). Saw a post from her that was forwarded on a cat-related board that indicated that North High School, where she graduated from, is flooded. I spoke with her yesterday and she was worried that that the water supply system might flood out. She's lived in Des Moines area all her life and said that the water systems went out in 1993 and they had to haul water in.

Saw this on the news last night....hope our members in the area are dry and safe...floods make such an awful mess.

Latest posts

Back