Four years ago I was a beggar

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

Four years ago this morning I was begging them please to give me some happy juice before they stuck one more needle into me; I had had enough needles!
Four years ago this morning I was begging them not to shave off all my hair, since I had spent so very much of my life up to that point growing what little I have.
Four years ago this morning I was begging the Lord to let me see the other side of the mountain (I didn't know that's what it's called then).
They did, they didn't, and He did.
Today I have a wonderful group of friends here, some of whom I've met in person at two reunions and some small ones.
Today I'm still trying to understand the EF reported to me at my annual echo yesterday, 81, which must be very close to as high as it goes.
Today I plan to continue spending some time making some beds for a couple of girls (ages 10 and 12?) out of white oak. Yes, I get splinters, lots of them, and no, I don't bleed to death.
Today I hope not to be as clumsy as I was last Friday night, when I bumped my head on the corner of a shelf and received a couple of nasty gashes. And no, even though I'm on coumadin, I didn't bleed to death; a couple of ice cubes stopped the bleeding, no trip to the ER was necessary.
Today I look forward to Thanksgiving when four children will be home, and Christmas when five will be home. Today I hope to hear again from our daughter who is spending this week on clean-up in the New Orleans area.
And today I have the wonderful privilege of cluttering up this site with yet another of these rambling posts.

congrats

congrats

Four years is fantastic. My wife just checked your public profile and told me we have something in common. My last 3 sermons before Christmas 2004 were done with me sitting on a stool as I couldn't stand and speak at the same time. Christmas eve 2004 found me in the OR for MVR and AVR. Yesterday I raked leaves in my yard without a near death experience---not just the other side of the mountain, but a mountaintop experience as well. This is a modern miracle. I hope you have many more years!!!

Mike

JimL said:
Four years ago this morning I was begging them please to give me some happy juice before they stuck one more needle into me; I had had enough needles!
Four years ago this morning I was begging them not to shave off all my hair, since I had spent so very much of my life up to that point growing what little I have.
Four years ago this morning I was begging the Lord to let me see the other side of the mountain (I didn't know that's what it's called then).
They did, they didn't, and He did.
Today I have a wonderful group of friends here, some of whom I've met in person at two reunions and some small ones.
Today I'm still trying to understand the EF reported to me at my annual echo yesterday, 81, which must be very close to as high as it goes.
Today I plan to continue spending some time making some beds for a couple of girls (ages 10 and 12?) out of white oak. Yes, I get splinters, lots of them, and no, I don't bleed to death.
Today I hope not to be as clumsy as I was last Friday night, when I bumped my head on the corner of a shelf and received a couple of nasty gashes. And no, even though I'm on coumadin, I didn't bleed to death; a couple of ice cubes stopped the bleeding, no trip to the ER was necessary.
Today I look forward to Thanksgiving when four children will be home, and Christmas when five will be home. Today I hope to hear again from our daughter who is spending this week on clean-up in the New Orleans area.
And today I have the wonderful privilege of cluttering up this site with yet another of these rambling posts.

Ramble on, Jim!
It's always enjoyable to read your posts and this one in particular.:)
Congratulations on your 4th anniversary!

Congratulations Jim on enjoying every day post op and best wishes for many more years with your family!

Mike said:
My last 3 sermons before Christmas 2004 were done with me sitting on a stool as I couldn't stand and speak at the same time.
Mike

Mike, I don't remember any particular difficulty preaching before surgery; I just had trouble walking across a room without being short of breath. After surgery, however, I did a few sermons from a chair. I preached again about three weeks after surgery -- and had one of those near-death experiences: I sat for about an hour after the service, certain I was going to pass out any moment. I was amazed at how much wind public speaking required.

Jim,

I enjoyed your "rambling", as you say. Congratulations on your four year anniversary. Here's to many more!!

Wise

Yes

Yes

Thank you for such a great message. I have heard a lot of great sermons, and I am pretty sure your congregation could say the same thing. You got me off to a great start today. Thanks, Jim.

Jim, congratulations on 4 wonderful years. May God grant you many many many more.

(You didn't meantion anything about wine.:confused: )

I loved your reflective post. Life is good.

What a wonderful post to read first thing in the morning. I hope God continues to bless you in the future as He obviously has in the past.

Jim,

Jim,

I could feel your joy of life in each word you wrote. Congratulations on this milestone and thanks for the inspiration.

Christina L

Sorry to disappoint you, Karlynn. I racked this year's wine last Saturday, and I think it was when it put the full carboys on the basement floor that I twisted my back a little. I think I'll just leave the wine there for a while. Sometime between now and Christmas I'll add some fining to clarify the wine, and then rack it again; bottling will come next year, probably before Easter. I hope that's enough about wine....

Congratulations on #4. Here's looking forward to 14, 24, 34, 44....................

Congratulations on No.4 Jim.What a great milestone!! Here's to many more

Congratulations on 4 years Jim. Sounds like it going to be a great holiday season for you with your kids home. Can't wait til my 1st anniversary.....Many More!

JimL said:
Mike, I don't remember any particular difficulty preaching before surgery; I just had trouble walking across a room without being short of breath. After surgery, however, I did a few sermons from a chair. I preached again about three weeks after surgery -- and had one of those near-death experiences: I sat for about an hour after the service, certain I was going to pass out any moment. I was amazed at how much wind public speaking required.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, I went through that too. It was speak a few words, rest, speak a few more words, rest, etc. etc.

Congratulations on 4

Congratulations on 4

Something to look forward to. How wonderful to be celebrating life 4 years after surgery. I am trying to take one day at a time but I will be happy to put some distance between me and the date of surgery.
Joanne

Latest posts

Back