For Those That Know Hannah - Bragging

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa in Katy

I'm going to brag for a minute, so forgive me. We've been to several awards ceremonies lately, and I am bursting with pride for my daughter Hannah, who is 13 and in 7th grade. She was recently recognized for her achievement on the SAT in the Duke Talent Search. Her math score was what earned her the recognition, but her overall score was high enough to get into most colleges. Then, at the jr. high awards ceremony, she received awards for Outstanding Student in math, language, science AND social studies. She also received the Principal's Award (straight A's) and Panther Pride (leadership, citizenship, service, etc.). Then, at the athletic awards ceremony, she received the Team Captain Award for Volleyball. Then, at the band awards ceremony, she received Outstanding 7th grader. Earlier in the year, she received Cheerleader of the Year for her competitive cheer team. Finally, she received the Teenager of the Year from the Elks Club. I am enjoying it while I can because everyday I fear that my beautiful daughter is going to turn into a real teenager!! LOL!

Hi Lisa

Hi Lisa

You have much to brag about. Hannah sounds like a very smart young lady... :) :) :) :) Just 5 minutes ago..I was saying to my age 11 soon to turn 12 year old grandson and will be in 7th grade..that with his Math grades this year..he will be put into a higher class. :D :D :D He only has to take 2 exams next week..due to his high grade average. :D :D You have done a great job with her...He had his band concert last thursday night..They were sooo good..He plays drums.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Now, he is off to Mexico for month of June with his Mom and other Grandmother..and back here for school..Aug. 6th..Short summer. :mad: :mad: Tell Hannah congrats...Bonnie

Wow! That is quite a list of achievement. Did she leave anything for anyone else? :)

My kids did well but I don't remember a season like yours! That is incredible. Congratulations hardly seems sufficient.

Bonnie, my almost 4 grandson corrected me today when I referred to a lion as "the king of the jungle". He said, "Mimi, he really is the king of the savannah." Well, live and learn ;) .

Very cool....

My 4 year old son spent the morning driving his mother up the wall (and nearly out the door too) while I was out chasing around shooting photo assignments for the paper. He also called her a b***h. :eek:

Apparently one of his classmates was swearing up a storm Thursday during school, some of that seems to have rubbed off. :(

Hopefully she'll keep on going on the great start she's got. High school can produce a lot of distractions for kids. Sounds like she's gotta good head on her shoulders though.

How about a little cheer for the parents too. =)

Hannah - congratulations on all of your accomplishments. One of these days, we may hear you are running for office? We need people like you to help run our country.

Lisa, I know how proud you must be of Hannah. She has really come along, hasn't she? And you must take some credit, too. You taught her well - probably by setting good examples and using good discipline. That, with her natural talent, gets the job done. We want to keep our eye on her as she moves along in life, ok? :)

Congratulations, Mom. She sounds like a real go getter. My two boys 14 and 16 are incredibly busy with their various competitive endeavors (contest fiddling and tournament tennis), school and church pursuits. I thought we were extremely busy, but reading her list of accomplishments, wow... You must be really proud :) As for her future in high school, I'm a h.s. teacher, and believe me, if she stays as busy as she is and stays connected with the good kids, then she won't have time to be in trouble. I've made sure that Dylan, my 16 year old, is as busy as he can be plus in all the honors-level classes he can handle. I communicate with him constantly and tell him how proud I am that he's made the right choices. Constant communication is very important. Way to go, and give Hannah a high five from all of us on the forum.

Lisa, tell Hanna hello for me. My son went through that program when he was Hanna's age. He did very well and stuck with it. It eventualy earned him a national merit finalist distinction and he was offered over 20 full college scholarships many including tuition-room-board-fees, the whole ticket. (Hint-might save Lisa a ton of cash). He took one and got out with a 3.9. He is in his final year of lawschool but I forgive for that.

Moral of the story. If she is doing that well now and enjoys hitting the books, she is on the right path.

Life is good when your kids' GPA is higher than your INR.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Texans bragging again!

Texans bragging again!

Congratulations to your little lady Lisa and congratulations to Mom too!

I still remember how Hannah was such a polite little girl at our San Antonio reunion in 2000. She just sat there patiently while we all visited.. A true little 'Southern Belle' in the making and she was only nine years old.

Y'all know how us Texans love to brag.. Well, my turn! My niece is graduating on June 13th from UC Santa Barbara with a Bachelor of Arts in Law & Society with an emphasis in Criminal Justice. She's a 'Golden Key International Honour Society Member' and on the Dean's Honor Roll. I think her GPA must be higher than my INR... ;)

Quote of the week: "Life is good when your kids' GPA is higher than your INR".

Quote of the week: "Life is good when your kids' GPA is higher than your INR".

Congratulations Lisa!! To you and Hannah both.

I?m all for sports and keeping kids busy. My boys and Sara started participating in every activity available from the time they were old enough. It becomes a way of life. To stay fit, competitive and focused on your future. They have no desire to hang out with ?losers?... or people who don?t share their goals.

Way to go, Hannah!!

My kids have consistently been straight A students too. Grades and sports can save you BIG bucks!

That is cool. You should be very proud and have every right to brag.
My daughter did awesome in school, and ended up going to college 'paid in full.' Something tells me if Hannah is doing this well, she has a pretty awesome mother. :)

ShezaGirlie said:
Congratulations to your little lady Lisa and congratulations to Mom too!

I still remember how Hannah was such a polite little girl at our San Antonio reunion in 2000. She just sat there patiently while we all visited.. A true little 'Southern Belle' in the making and she was only nine years old.

Y'all know how us Texans love to brag.. Well, my turn! My niece is graduating on June 13th from UC Santa Barbara with a Bachelor of Arts in Law & Society with an emphasis in Criminal Justice. She's a 'Golden Key International Honour Society Member' and on the Dean's Honor Roll. I think her GPA must be higher than my INR... ;)

Congratulations to your niece, Aunt Janie. I know how proud you must be of this young lady who will go far in this world. She's in a wide open field for going up the ladder.

Latest posts

Back