Foot Pain/Numbness

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hhardt

Was wondering if a problem I have picked up since my AVR (Mar 2001) is related to AVR, being on the machine or lack of oxygen. I now have a bad and getting worse case on peripheral neuropathy. This can be either numbing or painful depending on which version. Mine is a gradual numbing of both the feet equally. The toes are getting number and harder to wiggle. The numbness is also gradually moving up the leg. The skin is fairly sensative and it takes a neurologist to run the proper tests. They have drugs for the pain. The doc says they don't know why, possibly pre-diabetes. No known solution, sometimes it just stops. It also seems to result in a gradual loss of stability. Am I alone or is this a related byproduct of AVR, etc.?

My brother has had this for years - and no heart surgery. A cousin, also. Cousin takes medicine (one of the OLD anti-depressants) and it takes away her 'lightning strikes' but brother isn't ok. His feet are numb and purple. Why don't you have your neurologist check out every single medicine you are on. Some of these can cause symptoms. Also, you can check out your meds yourself, by clicking into PDR or one of the drug sites on internet. Be sure to read every single one of the side effects. Sometimes we need to do our own detective to find some answers. I have searched and searched for answers for my brother, but can't find anything - tho drs told him 'nerve damage' but I don't believe that. It's just plain peripheral neuropathy and there isn't a cure that I have heard of. God bless

Latest posts

Back