Folks with minimally invasive surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb151

I am having pain in my middle back area, toward the left side,,just around the corner from my arm pit. I am wondering if this is nerves repairing. Has anyone else experienced this? I am 6 months post,,the doctor says he can find nothing wrong. It doesnt feel like a muscle strain,,more of a burn and ache.

Lou -

Was your incision on the left side? Mine was on the right. I would have aches/pains if I'd been coughing a lot or I was using those muscles (especially during weight training). From what I was told, there is some rearranging of the "furniture" inside when things start to settle down for us.

Mike

I did have an incision on the left (under my breast) to have leads placed for my ICD. I also had the most painful chest tube on that side. The right side has given me no trouble at all. You are correct,,I feel like everything was moved around. Things hurt that I never knew I had before...lol

Now that I think more about it,,it may have more to do with the ICD than the surgery itself,,duhh, another brain fart moment. There was so much going on in there,,who knows.

Wow,,Mike,are you doing weights already? Did the doc give you a weight limit?

Hi Lou

I didn't have any incisions or tubes on my left side, and I don't feel any pain now at rest or while exercising (just a tiny bit of general discomfort, probably due to the right breast being still quite numb and slightly swollen). The only pain I've had on my left side was pericarditis latent between the top of the shoulder and the neck (trapezius muscle?). This only ever seemed to last about 4-5 minutes, but the feeling of tightness/pain was quite uncomfortable, and different to anything I'd felt before. It originally occurred in waves every other day after I arrived home from hospital, but I haven't felt it for a week or so now, so I hope it's on the wane. You are way ahead of me recovery wise, and I'm not sure whether pericarditis affects the area you are having pain in?

Hope you start feeling better soon,
Andy.

I cant figure this one out. Its very tender to the touch and hurts badly some of the time and others not much at all. Thanks for the imput,,I appreciate it. I may have to list this as one of those things to live with because all in all,I feel pretty darn good!

Lou -

Interesting. I always thought the doc would have gone in on the left side like yours, but my doc said that he had more direct view through the right side.

Given the fact that I was in good condition just before surgery (and asymptomatic to boot), my cardio was comfortable with me doing light weights/high reps. As a skinny competitive cyclist, this wasn't going to be a problem! ;-)

I hope you feel better, Lou.

Mike

Latest posts

Back