First pre op appointmentit

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi guys. I'm due in for my 6 week post surgery check up in a few days and I'm just wondering what to expect on the day. Do they do another echo to check valve function. I had a bovine valve fitted through minimally invasive surgery.Any info would be great on the layout of a typical check up. I'm feeling great btw!

I think it varies widely. My post op went something like this. Five nights in hospital then went home. Seven days later a check with family doctor,Seven days after that and had the staples removed from the chest incision.

First visit to the cardiologist was at two months. Just had a EKG, with an office visit that included stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, hands, and questions. About nine months out I had another similar cardiologist visit, with an echocardiogram previous to the visit.

For me, my first post-op appointment was with my family doctor at 2 weeks post op, general exam and discussion.

My next appointment was with my cardiologist at 3 weeks post-op, he did an EKG and general exam with stethoscope, blood pressure etc. He discussed the medications that I was on and that I would be staying on all of them for a while and why. He discussed the management of my INR I had a list of questions that I brought with me which I highly recommend doing. He answered all my questions and most of them were things he didn't happen to touch on during the visit so it worked out well.

My next appointment with the cardiologist will be at the 8 week post-op point (I had my surgery 5 weeks ago) and that will be another EKG and general exam and I'm sure I'll have another list of questions!

I will also have an appointment with the surgeon at the 8 week post-op point.

Then I will have an appointment for an echo at the 12 week post-op point.

If I remember right I had 2 cardiologist appts. and in between I had an echo, chest xray, and cat scan. Never heard about the results from the tests so no news is good news to me. They said the next visit will be in a year so i'm almost due for that one.

Back