Fibro, new medication and HR issues

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taysgrama

Hi all - It's been a long time since I posted but wanted to give you all an update.....I went to my PCP and she has finally diagnosed all my muscle/joint pain as Fibro. She started me on a new medication that was approved in March 09 for Fibro called Savella.....Problem is: It raises my HR to 130-135bpm, which is too high. It also causes severe nausea and massive headaches. I have stopped taking it because I cannot handle the high heart rate and the nausea....

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions regarding medication to take for the pain? I have been on muscle relaxers and pain medication for so long but am so tired of taking it. I have good days and then not so good days as well as some really not good days where I just stay in bed or lay on the couch due to the severe pain and burning. I thought about asking her about Cymbalta or Lyrica, but it seems like they all can cause HR issues.

Thanks all......I really appreciate all your advice and input!!!

Forgot to tell you all that I was denied SS Disability. The letter said, and I quote: "Your heart's rhythm and beating capacity is sufficient for some of your usual activities. Despite your pain, you are able to stand and walk and can use your hands and arms for basic grasping and handling. Although you do have mental health issues, you are able to think and pursue some of your usual activities." I have appealed the decision so we shall wait and see!

Last edited:
Forgot to tell you all that I was denied SS Disability. The letter said, and I quote: "Your heart's rhythm and beating capacity is sufficient for some of your usual activities. Despite your pain, you are able to stand and walk and can use your hands and arms for basic grasping and handling. Although you do have mental health issues, you are able to think and pursue some of your usual activities." I have appealed the decision so we shall wait and see!

The only way your going to get approved is to get an attorney that specializes in SS Disability. You'll be surprised at how fast you get approved.

As for the pain, I'd suggest trying Lyrica, but I'll tell you right now, it's terribly expensive. Like $200 for a bottle of 90 50mg capsules. If your income is dead, like mine, try www.needymeds.com and look up the drug. Chances are you can get it for free or very low cost unless you have some type of drug coverage.

What mg tablets are you taking of Savella?

Thanks Ross - I do have insurance through my husbands job, so most, if not all my medication has a small co-pay of $10 except for my Nexium and Actonel, which are both $20 each per month.....I really hate paying $20 for one pill though!! LOL

They started me on 12.5 mg on the first day, then 12.5 mg twice a day for 2 days, on to 25 mg twice a day for 7 days, then 50mg twice a day thereafter. It did not help the pain and in fact caused more side effects than I am willing to deal with.

I will probably get an attorney after the first of the year in regards to my SS Disability. Right now, I am just trying to get through the rest of this year. Thanks for the advice. It is greatly appreciated!

Back