Extended Warranty on Protime ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zipper

A question for those that own their Protime Monitor...I recently received an offer to extend my warranty at the cost of $150.00. I wondered if you have found this to be a good thing to do? I haven't written the check yet and hoped to get some opinions first from those that have had their unit longer than I have.

I did pay out-of-pocket for mine (after my insurance refused to pay). I was not aware of the need to extend warranty until I received this in the mail.

Thoughts anyone???

Zip/Joan :confused:

Extended warranty...

Extended warranty...

I've had my machine for 2 ½ years... I've never been offered an extended warranty. What does it cover? How long is the warranty?

The Protime tech just told me that if I want to fix my machine (he said they would upgrade it at the same time) it?s gonna cost me $350.00.

Well Rain, I'm confused by it. It states the one year extension may be purchased within 60 days of original date of sale. I've had mine well over a year now.

If ITC or someone from ProTime doesn't respond I guess I'll call them. I still wonder who else may have received this mailing. Maybe I'm special.. LOL!

Zip

Hi Zipper

We just received the same thing in the mail....we've had our machine about 7 months and wondered why this hadn't been sent out earlier. Here's my idea on that offer. We already have a year warranty, they're asking us to pay $150 for a second year for a machine that will be used a max of let's say 50 times give or take.....we both didn't think it was worth it, so we opted out of the extended and only filled out the warranty card.

Evelyn.

You would think that they would get a "lifetime" warranty just like the one I got on my heart valve.

ProTime Warranty

ProTime Warranty

Hi all,
The warranty is offered from the manufacturer with your shipment of the monitor and is to be purchased within 60 days of your original purchase. It extends your one-year warranty for another year at a cost of $150. If you got a mailing from ITC and you have your monitor for seven months and you want to take advantage of that I'm sure the manufacturer will honor that.

I had gotten the offer soon after I received the machine in December of 2001. I thought that a one year extension at $150/year did not compare well to a $350 repair that is then guaranteed for a full additional year. Basically, if you renew the warranty every 12 months @ $150/year, after the end of the first 12 month period, you've paid them $300. If the machine does not break, you are way ahead of the game by not buying the warranty.

Latest posts

Back