excitement for the day - pregnant co-worker stuck in elevator

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Christine

Life certainly isn't boring.. this isn't heart related.. but thought i'd share the excitement we had at work today... due to outside construction we loss power around 12:30 pm today.. after the normal vocal outcries, myself included, of those who live in Excel and don't save as much as we should.. we got a call from our co-worker who happens to be 5-6 months pregnant and in need of a bathroom, that she was stuck in our elevator - alone..

she used the emergency phone and could hardly understand the woman who answered.. so as we waited for help - we tried to pry the doors open as she was beginning to panic.. we were able to get some air to her, but she was literally between the second and third floors.. with about 1.5 ft left of room on the second floor to squeeze out of.. while it wasn't safe for her to crawl out of incase the power came back on.. her panic mode went into overdrive after the elevator lights went out - our adrenaline kicked in as well.. one of our vendors who was visiting pried open the interior door and a co-worker stood up on a chair and scooped her out... while it was risky, luckily all ended well.. of all people to get stuck in our elevator - the one and only pregnant woman in our building.

needless to say, she went home for the day.. as the did rest of us shortly there after...

never a boring moment - she now has page one of her baby book taken cared of.

Chris

An experience like that would have put my little sister in the looney bin!:eek:

The night before she delivered my niece, two months prematurely-- Ann-- suffering from preeclampsia, needed one more x-ray taken before the next morning's C-section. Unfortunately the x-ray department was on the first floor; she was on the second. In 40 years, she had never willingly ridden an elevator.

After much cajoling, I took her; pushed the wheelchair onto the elevator while she kept her eyes tightly shut; talked to her nonstop while we rode it; led her out of the elevator once we reached the first floor, and then reversed the entire process to get her back upstairs to her room.

When I tell her your co-worker's story Christine, I bet she breaks out in a cold sweat!

Back