English press

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky

Have not visited for some time but I wondered if anyone had posted this article which looks really promising for the future.
Engineer saves his own life and 40 others by inventing device to repair life-threatening heart defect
Tal Golesworthy has Marfan syndrome - a disorder of the body's connective tissue that can cause the aorta to split, resulting in sudden death
He invented a made-to-measure polyester sleeve to fit around his aorta
He persuaded surgeons to try it out on him and it was so successful it has been used to treat 40 other people in London, Oxford and Belgium
Mr Golesworthy is now hoping a trial will be carried out to compare it to more conventional therapy
By EMMA INNES
PUBLISHED: 17:24 GMT, 20 November 2013 | UPDATED: 17:24 GMT, 20 November 2013

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...e-threatening-heart-defect.html#ixzz2mHrpOmVj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have spoken to Tal Golesworthy, very nice guy and only lives 20 miles away!

If you google 'Tal Golesworthy' you'll find lots of information and if you also do a search on youtube, there's a number of videos of him on there. Its a shame I didn't know about this 20 years a go, it would have saved me a lot of grief.

Latest posts

Back