Endocarditis

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search this site, or read this very recent thread, you will find some answers. If you have specific questions, I'm sure someone can help too.
http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?43035-Endocarditis-discovered

From what I've seen, it seems some people get fairly sick while others will have fevers come and go before finally getting a diagnosis. In one case it took months. The sooner it's caught, of course, the better chance you have of killing it off before there's so much damage you need surgery.

Good luck.

Depends on if you get an acute case - I did, although I self-diagnosed as flu and stayed home with my 40C+ temps and wild shaking episodes for three days before going to my GP. Others get mild fevers, get antibiotics from their GPs, and continue like that for months before they get an accurate diagnosis.

IMHO it's worth mentioning endocarditis as a possibility to your doctor if you get a fever!

I had sub-acute and was misdiagnosed for 5 months. Fever came and left etc...once they did an echo, my heart had deteriorated and they suspected - got antibiotics for one whole year and recovered well.

I got SABE but was misdiagnosed for couple of month, I only haf a VSD at the time but getting endocarditis affected my AV as well so yeah if you don't detect it on time it can get pretty serious. I recovered after three month of IV antibiotics and open heart surgery coz the vegetations were really spread around my heart.

Hello Randy,
Its appears that you may not know you have it. You may not really feel sick either.

Back