Emma is home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christina, It has been a long road! What a wonderful reward though. She is lovely. Thank you for sharing! Brian

A letter to Emma

A letter to Emma

Dear Emma: Perhaps this is your first letter. I trust your Mom & Dad will read it to you some day. I am writing you from a canyon rim in a beautiful part of Northern New Mexico. It is 4:00 in the morning. All the “normal” people are asleep in their beds. I want to tell you why I am awake and at my keyboard.

I was sleeping, like everyone else, just a few minutes ago. Here is what happened-the “big picture”. The sun is about 93 million miles from the moon. But light has travelled that 93 million miles-and the reflection of that light means the moon is bright tonight in our canyon. Well, the moon is still nearly 240,000 miles from the earth. But a lot of that light bounced off the moon, through a big window and into my formerly sleeping eyes. An amazing trip, isn’t it. We live in an amazing world, and amazing things are going on, all around us.

I decided to get up, and step out onto our deck, to get a better look. I am kind of an old guy, but there is still some kid in there somewhere. I finished looking at the moon, but didn’t go back to my warm, comfortable bed. I think the spirit of God sent me to my computer-and now I find out that you -precious Emma-have traveled around 8,000 miles to your new home in Colorado. God has done right by you, little girl. You have been blessed by being a blessing. It doesn’t get better than that.

Tonight I have seen a portion of the sun by looking at the moon. And I have “seen” a little of your future, because I know a bit about your Mom and Dad, and the journey they have taken-much, much longer that 8,000 miles- to find their blessing, and to bless her. And tonight I have seen your picture. Another miracle has come to pass. Goodnight sweet Emma. Amazing things are going on all around you.

Hi Christina and congratulations!!! She's is just so beautiful. I've not been on for some time as been feeling a bit up and down for various reasons but I just logged on here and read the title of your message and smiled the first proper smile I have today - soooo very pleased for you.
Enjoy your new family!

xxx

What a beautiful little girl...just adorable

What a beautiful little girl...just adorable

A big congratulations Christina and Wayne..!

My friend adopted a tiny little Vietnamese girl many years ago - at the end of the war - when she worked for the State Department in Saigon. Her little girl is now a grown woman, married with two children of her own and the family is adorable.

Do I see Miss Colorado 2030 pictured above?!?!

Christina - this is such incredibly joyful news! You and Wayne look so happy, it brings tears to my eyes. Emma is absolutely beautiful - just like her Mama!!!!!!!

May God richly bless your family.

Congratulations!! She is beautiful! and so Tiny.. How old is she?
I am so happy for you .. both of you.. all 3 of you
:)

oooh im so happy for you mom and dad
Emma what a beautiful name.....Luv your name
So precious, all the best to you all, such good news
Thank-you for sharing with us.

zipper2 (DEB)

Thank you so much everyone -

Thank you so much everyone -

I hopped on the board to read the posts as Emma is sleeping right now - who knew that one tiny little 7-1/2-month-old baby who weighs only 14 pounds (10th percentile for weight!) could be SO much work! lol Wayne went back to work today and I have had my hands full. We are not sleeping through the night at all yet - any of us! Jet lag is likely the main culprit but Emma has had her life totally turned around in the last weeks. She is adjusting well, though, I think, except for the sleeping part. She seems happy.

As for being Miss Colorado, no Emma will be the first woman president of the U.S. (sorry Hillary) when Arnold gets the constitution changed! hee I agree, though, that Emma will certainly be beautiful enough to be Miss Colorado!

Wayne and I just want Emma to be happy - that's all - whatever she wants to do or wants to be - as long as she is happy, we will be happy.

Thank you all - such kind words - brought tears to my eyes.

Dennis, what can I say? Thank you for that beautiful letter and I will be sending our address to you via private E-mail so you can send a signed copy of the letter. We are honored and so pleased that you have written such a beautiful heartfelt letter to our daughter. Emma will treasure it someday!

Also - I have a private blog site that is password protected. If any of you want to get on the site, send me a PM and I will give you the password and URL.

You know everyone is so happy for Wayne and I and Emma but I have to say that VR.com family members are the most thrilled - I think we all have such a deep appreciation of the tenuousness of life and how each moment is precious and we need to love and live while we can. I pray that I will have many years with this little girl (crying now....). The lack of sleep isn't helping my mood. ;)

God bless and love to all of you - gotta get moving and get some chores done before my little "Bug" wakes up!

Christina L

OMG Christina, you're little Emma is absolutely adorable! You are so lucky & so blessed to have been able to adopt Emma & to have the opportunity to give her wonderful life.

May God Bless you & your little one!
:)

We are not sleeping through the night at all yet - any of us! Jet lag is likely the main culprit but Emma has had her life totally turned around in the last weeks. She is adjusting well, though, I think, except for the sleeping part. She seems happy.
All par for the course, Christina. Our grandson Harry just turned two and just started sleeping through the night a few months ago- with some tough love! Hope you have better luck. My daughter and her husband are older parents too, and they swore Harry's first words would be, "Oh, my aching back!" Enjoy her, this too will pass and I know you and Wayne are going to be wonderful parents and have years of joy with Emma!

Welcome to parenthood hon, you'll have many sleepless nights so you might as well get used to them now. :D

Christina & Wayne,
CONGRATULATIONS on finally getting your precious daughter! I was so happy to read about Emma Jewell's homecoming! You must be so proud & happy. She is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't be happier for you. Very best wishes always ... the endless nights will become less and less, just hang in there!
Jen, Andrew & family

Christina & Wayne!!!! Congratulations. Seems like a long time coming. And so worth it! Very thrilled for you all:). I don't get on VR.com often.....your news was a pleasant surprise!!!! Give Emma a big hug for me. Hope to see you again. Kind of hoping for another CO reunion!

Latest posts

Back