Emergency surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And what would you have done in my shoes?

Me?

I'd have taken the risk of a clot and gone off. I accept that its a stastical increase of having a clot. But as you observe, there isn't many other options.

Compared to not having had the valve surgery I've already been dealt a second hand (well this is my third).

<hatsOff>You sure have faced up to difficulty well </hatsOff>

Marsha:

I wasn't suggesting that you NOT go off warfarin. I was (and am) dubious about any advantage to having a stroke in a hospital, versus one at home or somewhere else.

It's been shown that there's not a lot of risk if you're below range for a few days at a time - apparently, it takes a while for these clots to form on the valve.

I am glad that you're okay.

I was (and am) dubious about any advantage to having a stroke in a hospital, versus one at home or somewhere else.

my wife had a seizure in hospital ... it was some hours before anyone noticed. That's where she died.

I have since learned that if you require CPR in hospital the odds of survival aren't much better than in the street.

sad but true.

The microbiology training I have makes me a bit concerned about hospitals, there is even a term for it: "nosocomial infection"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hospital-acquired_infection

Latest posts

Back