Edwards web site

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting- it's a terrific story and you are a poster boy for the Edwards valve!

That is a truly great achievement and a very nice tribute for your surgeon. I was able to view the video with no problem. I'll bet you can run circles around a lot of your co-workers, who probably never had heart trouble and are years younger. Inspiring!

This is the reason why I still come back to this site. Your story should serve as a role model/motivation to everyone.

I am one year post op, and while not running marathons, I was back to doing everything within 8 weeks. Driving and work at 4 weeks, horse riding at 12 weeks.

None of us "asked" to be dealt a heart issue. However, the vast majority of us have come to terms with the hand we were dealt, looked straight ahead and came through it with flying colors. To everyone who is in this position I says congratulations, job well done. You are an asset to yourself, your families and our own valve replacement community.

There are however, a very few wallowing in their own self pity. I have yet to read a positive post by any of them. "I'm afraid they might find.....I'm mad at.....I'm depressed because....my insurance didn't....my doctor won't...."
After a while those types of posts started to keep me away from here.

Then I come back and read this. Great post. This is what it should be about. Everyone needs to realize it's in your own hands.

My hat is off to this poster, and everyone else here who has put their life back together following surgery and continued to strive and achieve.

Thanks everyone....I want to be a positive force, but I DO NOT want people to think everyone can run a marathon after valve surgery. I just want everyone to see what is possible, and that you can return to a great life.

That is a truly great achievement and a very nice tribute for your surgeon. I was able to view the video with no problem. I'll bet you can run circles around a lot of your co-workers, who probably never had heart trouble and are years younger. Inspiring!

I'm glad you posted this it made me try again and the today i could see it, (yesterday it said wait for video to down load)

Tom you seem very nice it's good to hear your voice

Ross, ole buddy, maybe they didn't but there are thousands here who praise you daily....

Ross, ole buddy, maybe they didn't but there are thousands here who praise you daily....

Well my buddy, Les Barrett is still on their pages. I'm sure there are probably names from both sites that have been here that I don't recognize because I never knew their real names.

Hey Tom, looked up your story, it's great GREAT JOB!!
I sent Edwards a request to post my story, well I don't have to much of a story but I noticed there are no stories from Pulmonary valve replacements, so we'll see. I do have big plans for my bike riding?? Debbie :)

would like to add also that though it is a great encouragement to hear what some persons can achieve after a heart surgery with a mechanic valve but there are people who even they are better afterward have certains limits, i personally can't lift heavy things and at times can be tired for o apparent reasons or even shortbreath, my valve was totally calcified and my dr told me it was difficult for him to fix the valve as the root of the valve was so calcified, he did a great job and save my life but i do have limits

Latest posts

Back