drop coaguchek meter

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babshappy

has anyone dropped their coaguchek meter and had anything change in the reading, I dropped mine it didnt break ... ,, in the middle of the night I woke up thinking I hope I didnt jiggle something internally.... it works fine I did a reading right after...

just a thought

I don't know about the Coagucheck, but I bought my InRatio2 fom ebay, and it came with a crack in the base where the test strips are inserted, possibly indicating it had been previously dropped. It seems to work fine and agrees with lab draws. I would think that if it was really broken, the results wouldn't merely be off, but would not produce any results at all.

Ever so often, I stick my wife who is not on warfarin, to check my INRatio performance. If her test reads an INR of +/- 1.0 I consider the meter is functioning OK.....or, as chaconne posted, check it against a lab draw.

The quality control check that is built into the meter may also show problems -- if there ARE any. These things are mostly electronic (okay, they're all electonic - the only moving of blood is being by capillary action inside the strip). It's probably fairly difficult to break one of these things.

My view is that the coaguchek is a solid state device. The testing is done in the strip and the machine is a controller.

My phone is a far more complex bit of gear, if some calibration could be effected by dropping it then it ould have problems making calls, connecting to wlan or stuff like that. I have dropped my phone many times. So I reckon the coaguchek will either show problems like not seeing a strip, ,not doing the test, displaying funny or something obviously faulty.

Checking it as has been suggested is a prudent idea. Comparing to a blood draw is a good idea as is comparing to a person who is not on warfarin too.

Actually checking against a lab now n then is a good idea, just to be sure your technique isn't out either

Latest posts

Back