Driving again and feeling well

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi JJ,
Your grand sense of humor will help a whole lot during this whole "adventure." Please don't let the difficult time I had, which was due to a defective SynerGraft valve, scare you at all. I correspond with Dr. Zehr, and I let him know about my case and what happened. My surgeon, Dr. Michael King, knows Dr. Zehr and I suggested they discuss my case to help avoid anyone else going through what I did.

Waiting for surgery is the worst part, and I'd be happy to chat with you on the phone, or since we appear to be neighbors, go have coffee sometime. I really appreciated all the support I got before my surgery, and I'd be happy to do anything I can to allay any concerns you have. You can e-mail me direct at:
[email protected]
and I'll be happy to give you a phone number.

We also have a couple of others here, Brooks and Jennie, who have recently had aortic SynerGraft valves implanted, and they both seem to be doing really well.

I'm wishing you luck, but in Dr. Zehr's capable care, I don't think you'll need it.

All the best,
--John

Weekycat,
Sure, a Minneapolis "reunion" sounds like a nice idea...we'll figure something out!
--John

Last edited:
Hey John, congratulations on being able to drive again! My advise about keys is... always put them in their spot, and don't lose your spot. You might experience a little pumpheadedness now and then.

I was going to have a wire taken out, but strangely enough, it stopped protruding, and now I can't even feel them. I though that was weird. Wow Nicole, it sounds like you are doing wonderful! You had your surgery so soon after you became a member here, and now your health has basically come back to normal! Isn't it a great feeling when you wake up, take a deep breath and realize, I"M ALIVE! I'm in awe at how resilient the human body is, it's truly amazing! Take care, and keep posting! guys!

Latest posts

Back