Dr. at Duke Med Center wants approval of my cardio +

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryka

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
:confused: Dr. Attarian wanted to tell me of my chances of dying or of a replacement hip coming out of its socket due to my loose connective tissue. He layed out LOTS of objections/risks. I must get my cardio to write him a letter saying I am fit enough for hip replacement. He also wants a bridging plan from my cardio. This Dr. A is a tough cookie, but at least he does not try to bamboozle you when it comes to risks. I assume I can get my cardio to write the document Dr. A requires, but, if not I guess I will feel OK with limping-in-pain through the rest of my life. I certainly would not knowingly shorten my life for hip replacment.

The good news is my MS friend down there has the perfect home for ortho surgery recovery and our dogs got along very well.

Last edited:
There is a chance of dying from heart valve surgery and also a chance of the valve dishencing from it's seat too, but that doesn't stop one from having the surgery. It's more of a CYA thing. I wouldn't get all bothered about it. The person I told you about is doing great now and was in far far worse shape physically. By the way, she's on Coumadin also. Sorry, just don't like the thought of someone limping around in pain when they don't have too.

Latest posts

Back