Doing the Turkey Trot

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Wagner

Just thought I would let you all know I am doing a 5K Turkey Trot race on Thanksgiving morning. I will be raising money for World Vision again.

Something I would like to share with you all (or "y'all") as Tom would put it. ;)
I am sure I got the Texas spelling wrong. :confused: Let me say first, I am trying not to pat myself on the back, for God just used me as a tool, and for that I am thankful. When I ran my first marathon, World Vision somewhat used me as a 'model' run, to see how successful fund raising could be in an effort such as running a marathon or other athletic or walking events. Many of you were a part of that, and together we raised over $3000.00.
After, I made a suggestion of putting together a program where runners and walkers, or athletes of other sports could raise money; some what like some of you have probably seen in magazines; the program 'Team For Training' that raises money for the lymphoma society. A couple of dozen people came together for meeting, along with an athlete from New Zealand and another from California, via desk phone; then put their heads together to come up with the idea now titled, Hope in Motion.
Are you ready for this .... this went on line last year; no advertisement; just put out by word of mouth and being passed around in the 'big wide web'.
26 plus athletes have now raised over $40,000.00 for children. Hope in Motion is less then a year old. Cool huh! I just feel blessed to have just been a small part of it.

Anyway here is my page! Wish me luck.

http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/MarkWagner

Mark

PS Hopefully I will find the starting point this time. Two years ago I was going to run this race and got lost in the fog trying to find it. I pulled up to a crossing where a police officer was stopping traffic, in time to watch the runners go past the front of my truck. Talk about a bummer! :eek: :D

Also, feel free to pass this page on to family and friends. Thanks.

Back