Doctor said they never seen this before....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people worry about insulting the Doctor by seeking another opinion, Please DON"T. If the Doctor is insulted by this you definately want a different doctor. It's your life and you and your family deserve the peace of mind the second opinion will give you.
Good Luck Youngmom

I agree with the responses that you should see a cardiac surgeon. Also, is this result from a regular ECHO? I had a TEE (trans esophegal, tube in your throat type), which downgraded my MR from severe to moderate-severe. I still didn't rest until I had confirmed with a surgeon that the best option is to wait a little. Now that my atrium is dilated, I even sent my records to Cleveland to confirm that it is not an emergency. Cardiologists are conservative and often wait for symptoms. I am also a mom and to me the idea that I could be in danger of sudden cardiac arrest or Afib or any cardiac emergency is extremely anxiety provoking..the docs just don't get that.. nobody does actually unless they walk in your shoes. I have stopped complaining to everyone except other valvers and I just take action, and don't stop asking for more info until I find the reasoning satisfactory. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back