Doc has approved!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnusgal

I've been talking to my card's PA for the last several weeks about how worried I am about getting my twice a week blood draws for much longer. You see, I'm a theatre arts teacher, and soon we will begin having rehearsals after school, which means I won't be able to leave until AFTER the lab is closed.

Now, fortunately the lady at the lab I go to (I call her my "lab lady") has said that if I give her advanced notice, she will stay late just for me. But I hate to do that, since it would be an hour later than her closing time, at least. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll have to do it that way.

BUT-- today I recieved a message from my card's PA saying that she would okay the home testing if insurance would cover it. But before she'll fill out the paper work, she wants to know if insurance is going to cover it (she knows that finances are tight at our house). I sent an email to my insurance rep. this evening, and hope I'll have an answer tomorrow, but I'm doubtful. Does anyone have any advice for getting insurance to okay it?

Thanks so much! I'm so excited to read about the Protime tester and can't wait to stop being poked in the arm twice a week!

at home test

at home test

hi niki.. i'm right in the middle of trying to get mine.. i called my insurance before i even knew who i was going to order from.. they told me that as long as my doc signed off as being medically nessassary that they'll cover it.. i went thru www.homemedtest.com (sponsors of this site) once i filled out the paperwork (my profile) they faxed the script and 'medically nessasary' verification for my doc to sign and they faxed it back to the company.. then they pursue my insurance.. right now mine is in the pre-certification stage..will let you know how it turns out.. good luck..

christine

QAS?

QAS?

Niki, Are you working with anyone from QAS? If not, you need to click Christine's .com on she mentioned or call them....I'm afraid you have it backwards. The Insurance carrier will have to have your Cardiologist letter stating that it is medicallynessasary..the fact that the clinic is closed before you leave work..ect. Bonnie

I have talked to my insurance. They said that as long as they get a letter of medical necessity then it should be covered (if I order from a PPO provider). So now my card's office is sending paperwork in to QAS to get the ball rolling. Yippy!

Happy for you

Happy for you

Niki, My insurance approved mine like in 3 weeks and it was on the way. Remember the supplies will be shipped in a cooler box. 2 days. You need to be there (whereever) they are shipped to put them (cuvettes) in refrigerator. You may want them shipped to you at school(teacher?) if you are going to be late getting home. They put frozen bags in cooler. but they have usually melted about the time they arrive...You may need someone to help the first few times you test. You are young..my eyes are bad and I need hubby to hold up lassette so I can see to drop my blood in. very small hole...6 seconds IN and OUT.when you place the blood in machine...LISTEN for beep...so first few times nerve racking buy soon it gets better.Let me know if I can help. Of course QAS will be on hand for any questions. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back