Disney rides

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DachsieMom

Not sure if I should post here or on anticoagulant board. Planning on going to Disney in Orlando. I am not a fan of roller coasters but am planning on joining my children on many rides. I am on coumadin. Surgery was a year ago. Have any of you been advised of restrictions? Sone of those rides can jostle you. I plan to call my dr as well. Thank you!

You should have no problem on the rides. The coumadin makes your blood take longer to clot, amusement park rides will not cause you to bleed, thus having to take more time to clot will not be a problem. Now if you skin your knee getting into the ride, it will take more time for the bleeding to stop. I always have a handkerchief in my pocket and a band aid in my wallet., but if you have kids you probably already do that :)

i think she's worried about getting banged and bruised from being thrown around on a ride. I know I sure bruise a lot worse than I used to now that Im on Coumadin. I guess I never realized how often I bump into things or walk into furniture in the dark. Nevertheless, its just a bruise and they go away, they're juts a little unsightly because they look like they are from a bad bang when they really weren't.

I had AVR 1/11/16 and pacemaker implant on 1/16/16. I am also on Coumadin. I have been to Disneyland approximately 3 times since. I went on all of the big rides, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, California Screamin', Indiana Jones, and Splash Mountain without any problems.

Back