digoxin dose and question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

ericaj

Hi All,

Just have a question fir ya all. This past weekend and the days since I have been experiencing what feels like super fast heart rates amongst what i think are frequent but not extended lenghts of a-fib. Anyways i did go to the er both sat. and sun. nights but by the time i got there of course the episodes wouldnt recur. The first night the dr. did tests and then had me take extra doses of Dig. sat and sun. nights. as my levels where low. Sun night a different dr. ran an ekg and the heart rate monitor with nothing significant showing. So of course i couldnt do anything on mon. as the drs. office was closed. Tues. i wasnt able to get ahold of my family dr. as we played phone tag with no luck. I scheduled an appt. with my cardio at the end of the month. And go for blood work tomorrow at family drs. office and see her next weds.

Anyways my question was just what levels of Digoxin are those of you who take it on? I take .25mgs once a day at night. What time of day do you all take it at also? Any reccomendations of what i should ask my doctor for or about in meds and treatment options?

Thanks,

Erica

I take .1875 mgs of lanoxin (that's one and a half tabs of the .125 dosage) once a day. I don't know if that helps you or not, but that's what I'm on.

Good luck!!

I've been taking digoxin with breakfast with coreg. Taking it at night is an idea since I do think it tires me out.

I used to take Lanoxin 0.25 everyday but was switched to Flecainide when it was no longer effective on my arrhythmias. When someone is on "dig" there are periodic tests to see if they are in therapeutic range. The dose is adjusted according to the results. It is a very old but usually very effective drug but must be monitored appropriately.

bvdr said:
I used to take Lanoxin 0.25 everyday but was switched to Flecainide when it was no longer effective on my arrhythmias. When someone is on "dig" there are periodic tests to see if they are in therapeutic range. The dose is adjusted according to the results. It is a very old but usually very effective drug but must be monitored appropriately.

Betty - is that the blood test for digoxin level itself you are referring to? The Docs I've gone to have never recommended checking my digoxin blood level - like you say it would be good to know since getting too much of it can be bad.

JimChicago said:
Betty - is that the blood test for digoxin level itself you are referring to? The Docs I've gone to have never recommended checking my digoxin blood level - like you say it would be good to know since getting too much of it can be bad.

Yes, Jim. It is a test specific to digoxin. I'm sure your doctor would order one if you were having any symptoms of dig toxicity but it is a good idea to have your level checked when everything is "normal" too.

Latest posts

Back