difference betweeen pro-time and coagucheck

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nan

Hi Lance, could you give me an opinion on the ease of use between a pro-time and coagucheck monitor? Thanks

Nan

Nan

Hello,

I feel that all of the home monitors are easy to use, but some people have different preferences. They are all different technologies and procedures, and one person could love the Coaguchek and dislike to ProTime, and vice versa. Have you seen any information on the new INRatio? Please call me when you get a chance and I will give you the benefits of every system. I don't feel there are any faults to any of them, and home testing is by far the best choice.

Lance Visnich
QAS, Sales Supervisor
800-298-4515 ext 2865

Nan
You did not ask this question of me, but I feel compelled to respond on the basis of experience. The CoaguCheck is by FAR easier to use, and in my opinion has proven to be more accurate. I have posted on the Coumadin board as well as this site concerning the inaccuracies of my ProTime machine. This week the error on that machine could have caused very serious results.

mindy

Hi Nan.

I had the opportunity to weigh my options with home test units before purchasing. Found the Coaguchek fit my needs...so that is the unit I went with.

Good luck to you in your decision process!

Thanks Mindy, Gina and Lance....I was asking for a friend . Her father is a valver with a lot of other problems too and just had an INR of 8.5 and had to be
hospitalized as they couldn't stop the bleeding. His doc gave his daughter (my friend) a scrip for a monitor, and as she will have to use it with him, she is looking at all the options.

I actually have a Pro-time, but feel that it might be difficult to use for someone else...I don't have a problem using it for myself, however.

Mindy, so sorry to hear about your problems with the monitor. Pretty scary.

Lance, I have given Cindy your telephone number in case she elects to call for info.

Best to you all.

follow up...I just read the post and realized I didn't say where or how he was bleeding...it was at the site where they connect a dialysis machine. He actually had to go to surgery and ICU so they could finally stitch him up. Also gave him several units of blood.

I didn't get a choice, my insurance company did the choosing. I have a Pro-Time and don't find it hard to operate. It is also right on target with my doctor's Coagucheck.

Qas

Qas

It really depends on the individual preferences, and what the physician and patient feel comfortable with. Under the new CMS (Medicare) coverage, we see everyday that patient's want to switch from one monitor to another. For instance, some patient's prefer not to use controls, while others don't mind doing quality controls. If I were to choose a monitor, it would be.....

Well, now that wouldn't be politically correct now would it?

Please call me if you would like to hear the benefits of any system.

Lance

Politically correct... that?s me!! lol

Politically correct... that?s me!! lol

Hey Nan,

As you probably remember.... I?ve had some rather memorable discussions about the pros and cons of protime machines. :eek: :D Oh, I miss the old days when we could fight like cats and dogs and still love each other the next day! :D

Since the forum has grown so much, and I seem to be so good at starting arguments.... :confused: I?ve tried to keep my opinion to ?private messages?. lol

I just wanted to say that even tho we all know Lance has a product to sell.... I think he gives a very honest opinion of the machines. And I think any sensible person would agree with him. There are slight differences, but basically........ it?s 6 of one and half dozen of the other. Well ..... unless you already have a machine... then you will likely wholeheartedly believe the machine you are using is superior and easier to use. I HIGHLY recommend the ProTime machine. :D

Mindy, call Lance... I?m confident he?ll take care of your problem. If not.... we know where he lives. :D

I'm just wondering when they're going to perfect these machines so that they are the size of Glucose monitors and as easy to test!!!!!!

I look at my friend's blood sugar testing stuff and get all jealous. :eek:

Karlynn:

I know what you mean about size differences between PT/INR machines and glucometers. My mom's a diabetic and her glucometer is tiny! And, of course, insurance & Medicare paid just about 100% for her testing supplies....

I drove 500 miles to and from a friend's home in Conway AR on Friday from my sister's lake house. Took my ProTime w/ me to show my friend; he had MVR (St. Jude) 2 weeks ago. He thought the ProTime small! I did tell him about other brands of PT/INR machines. I did a test, showed him all my INR records.

He showed me the bruising in his arm for a lab draw. I think he'll be seriously considering getting his own machine....

Katie, thanks for the links....that machine looks very interesting. Doesn't say how much it costs, however. Probably in the same league with the Po-time and Coagucheck. It looks easier to use, however.

Couldn't get to Ross's review.

I'll give this info to my friend Cynthia as she is still deciding.

Sort of wished I had waited for the new one, but on the other hand I couldn't cope with any more venous draws...no more veins!

Thanks again.

Lifescan Harmony

Lifescan Harmony

This monitor is no longer available to home test patients, and are currently being switched to the INRatio, ProTime or the CoaguChek. Thanks, and I'm sorry for any confusion.

Lance

Rain said:
Hey Nan,

As you probably remember.... I?ve had some rather memorable discussions about the pros and cons of protime machines. :eek: :D Oh, I miss the old days when we could fight like cats and dogs and still love each other the next day! :D

Since the forum has grown so much, and I seem to be so good at starting arguments.... :confused: I?ve tried to keep my opinion to ?private messages?. lol
Hey there Miss Rain, have all the discussions you want, whichever way you want them, I'll not stand in your way or anyone elses. I do not want any of you thinking you can't speak your peace.

Hi
I have had a protime machine for almost 2 yrs. and when I test it with my primary Dr. machine it was .2 off. I think that is pretty good. If it I really low or high, I get a second opinion . I was 14.8 a couple of weeks ago. I was tested at the ER and at home. The lab at the ER and my prottime was pretty close.

Latest posts

Back