Dental clearance

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarolM

Went for a dental clearance yesterday, prior to surgery, and x-rays found an infection under a crown! Doc cleared away a spot later in the day, and did an extraction (called 3 oral surgeons who couldn't squeeze me in).

Yikes! I hope there are no more surprises before the 11th....

Carol,
Great that you guys found that, and got it out of the way. You should be fine. However, not a bad idea to inform your cardiologist or surgeon beforehand about your dental procedure, just in case they decide to run a blood culture before surgery as one last double confirmation that you’re all ready. The weeks before going into surgery I told my gal I felt like a wobbly air plane with one engine running, no head lights, no landing gear, coming in for an emergency landing on my belly. It seemed Murphy’s Law had decided to visit me to make up for all the clear skies of my youth. But you know what, I was okay, and it seemed my cardio and surgeon wasn’t overly concerned about me at all, in fact they’ve seen it all. Best wishes to you, and take good care of yourself during recovery, eat well, rest and walk a lot, this should help with healing your heart :thumbup: .

Happy you got it treated and there should be no problem.
I would mention it to the Anesthesiologist so he will know there is a freshly healing wound in your mouth.
These dental checks really are important.

Latest posts

Back