Decisions to be made on aneurysm and bicuspid valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First of all thanks to the new responses over the last few weeks. I haven't been checking in recently

Secondly,I have met with my cardiologist last week and surgeon yesterday. I have decided to move forward and have the operation. Both have backed my decision but have told me that there is not an urgency and not to feel like it needs to be done today. I have decided to go with the St. Jude's valve to avoid future operations as much as possible.
Given the time of year, and my surgeons assurance that I am not in any immediate danger, I am targeting February 1st as a operation date. This will give me time to get somethings in order and also my cardio is away the last week in Jan and I want her around post op.

Thanks you all for you info it has made my decisions much easier and clearer. I will definitely be keeping in touch more with this site to keep you posted of my situation.

Any feedback on preparation or dealing with the weeks leading up to the date would be appreciated.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday
Nick

Back