decision made

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jackc

First of all, thanks to so many of you for the words of
encouragement?much appreciated I assure you.

Heather , my wife of some 36 years, and I have made our
choice on the valve. We have chosen the tissue valve ,oink!!
I remembered someone on this forum saying any decision
made is the right decision. Each has their own reasons and
circumstances. For me , my active lifestyle, preference for
adventure travel, woodworking hobby ( where I am
always getting cut or scratched ) all led me away from Coumadin.
Plus the clicking sound and the constant monitoring are not for
me. I feel good about the choice. Perhaps in a few years when I may need a replacement ( I should live so long !) the technology will make things easier. We can only hope and trust.

We went to Toronto to visit our son and his wife and our intelligent and beautiful 6 month granddaughter and watch some hoops. We also have a daughter in Vancouver and hope to see her in a month or so.

When I look at my granddaughter I can only think of the Louis Armstrong song ? What a Wonderful World?

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

Kind of makes one want to keep going.
Jack ( Welland )

Hi Jack-

Making your mind up is half the battle. Do you have a surgical date yet? If not, let us know. Maybe I just missed it.

Hi Jack,

Like Nancy said, making the decision takes you a loooong way. Not that the journey leading up to surgery after you've made the decision is an easy one but it's one less hurdle to overcome!

I found myself crawling on the floor, playing a simplified version of hide and seek with my 15-month old niece the other day. Without my "career" as a patient within the field of cardiac surgery, it would have been totally out of the question to do that just a few months ago!!

Take care, all my best,

/jessica :D

Nancy said:
Hi Jack-

Making your mind up is half the battle. Do you have a surgical date yet? If not, let us know. Maybe I just missed it.

Nancy,

No date yet. This is Canada where all persons have equal access to the medical system and cost is not a concern. One has to wait in line ( emergencies move to front of line ) and my case is not rated emergency. Will let you know when I hear from the surgeon.
Thanks for the concern.

Jack ( Welland )

hi jack!
doesn't it feel great to have that decision behind you? it's a big relief. glad you have that done with.
i agree with you.... that louie armstrong song... i often tell my daughters that although life can sometimes be so unfair, when it is good, it's rich and great. you have to capture the moments.
glad to hear you are on a track here. please let us know when you get a surgical date.
be well,
sylvia

Hey fellow woodworker!

Hey fellow woodworker!

Hey Jack,

Congrat's on your decision. One of the issues I had with valve selection was my woodworking. I was afraid that coumadin, if required, would inhibit my ability do wordwork. I posted that message at a great woodworking site, Badger Pond and receievd many interesting replies. While many where on coumadin for different reasons, the overall consensous was the it didn't interfere with thier woodworking. My issues where primarily being cut with chisels and plane irons, but something I hadn't thought of was kickback.

Anyway, just looking to get back into the shop just to putter for a bit after fridays surgery. Nice to see another woodworker!

Chris

Hello all!

WOW! My husband is also a woodworker, and his cardio in Boston told us "no more", after having had two new St. Jude mechanicals put in. He does it anyway.

Now mind you, he is very very careful. And, is only able to do it for short periods of time, but he does have a shop in the house, and he is down there every day. For him, it would be like.....telling him not to breath.

He mostly works on smaller pieces of furniture, and has made some fabulous pieced bowls on the lathe. But, he is VERY careful....always has been.

Best of luck to you on your upcoming event!

And, we are going to be grandparents in the fall. After the past year, this is SO very exciting, I just can't tell you. HOORAY! Life is really GRAND! - Marybeth

MBerge4527 said:
[
And, we are going to be grandparents in the fall. After the past year, this is SO very exciting, I just can't tell you. HOORAY! Life is really GRAND! - Marybeth [/B]

Marybeth,
Congratulations on the grandchild!! Our granddaughter is 6 months old and we travel as often as possible to see her. Amazing how fast they grow when you don't see them every day.
The birth will be one of the great things to happen for you both.

Jack ( Welland )

Ps. Can't imagine me not doing woodwork either. In the winter in Canada it is a lifesaver....for both my wife ( keeps me out of her hair ) and myself.

Latest posts

Back