Date Set

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! A wonderful way to start out the new year. So pleased to hear that you felt educated before you met with the surgeon. This place is SO wonderful for that....I think it really gives us all the best preparation for this magnificent event in our lives.

You'll do great!!

Marguerite

Tom,

CONGRATULATIONS on setting a date! Now, the waiting is generally the hardest part. Thoughts/prayers coming your way.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"We got mountains to climb" ... Rod Stewart ... 'Broken Arrow'

Wow, you got a date and it's only a week away! Congrats, it'll feel so good to get this behind you and get on with the rest of your life!

Best wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery.

In hindsight I agree with you about the valve selection threads, they are well worth devouring even if they get a bit heated. The last bru-ha-ha was when I was a day or so from surgery and I had to stop reading them because it upset me. It's a tough balance, mixing information and emotion in such a personal and critical choice. All that in a medium where body language and facial expressions can't be part of the discussion - all the more challenging. You're right, that doesn't mean that the discussions should stop, I hope they continue as well.

Again - CONGRATS AND ALL THE BEST TOM!!!!!

Ruth

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks everyone. Just returned from Pre Admission Testing. Everything went fine, other than finding the entrance to the hospital (usual one closed for construction). Both my wife and I were very impressed with all the employees we met, the volunteers they had to walk us to each dept. for the various tests, etc. The meeting at the end to discuss all the details ( each day, where I will be, what to expect, home to get out early (POOP!). I feel very comfortable with my decision now. There were 5 other pending valve patients in the class with us,one mitral, the rest were aortic. Now, who is sending me that shirt??? I found out the hospital has wi-fi. and I could post it while still in!

Best of luck to you. One of the best thing about this forum is that we are all here to assist and support. Again, best of luck and may God bless you and your family.

Latest posts

Back