Dabigatran vs warfarin in Ireland

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

The evaluation of Dabigatran as a replacement for warfarin continues.
A doctor from Ireland notes in NEJM that warfarin costs the health plan about $3.55 per month per patient.. Dabigatrin about $239.55 per month, It would soon dominate the budget for cardiovascular medicine.Cost offset would be elimination of testing and perhaps fewer clinical events.

The evaluation of Dabigatran as a replacement for warfarin continues.
A doctor from Ireland notes in NEJM that warfarin costs the health plan about $3.55 per month per patient.. Dabigatrin about $239.55 per month, It would soon dominate the budget for cardiovascular medicine.Cost offset would be elimination of testing and perhaps fewer clinical events.

$236 X 12 = I don't think many insurers will buy into that for most patients. Some, yes, but not for all.

Wonder what a co-pay would be for Dabigatrin?

That $236 X 12 would cover a CoaguChek or INRatio. It would definitely cover an INRatio out of pocket from QAS and leave some $$ for a year's worth of strips.

And if you stayed in range, thanks to home testing, you'd probably avoid "clinical events," i.e., $pending more money.

I'll stick with warfarin.

Latest posts

Back