Current state of the economy

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best way to describe the US market is we just had a financial Katrina. The levies broke, the economy is flooded. Government once again was late to respond to the tragedy, but now are playing catch up. The response from government has been mixed. The Federal Reserve and the treasury have taken reasonable steps. The President,the speaker of the House and majority leader Reid have been deplorable. The lack of leadership has been astounding. As much as I would like to play the blame game, we need to save the credit system. When the waters recede from our financial Katrina, we will discover how much damage has been done. We will rebuild the financial system. The question is will we hold politicians accountable? Where is the outcry for resignations of political leaders? If your a democrat, how can you stand by Nancy Pelosi,Harry Reid , Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. If your a republican how can you not condemn the president for another lapse of management. In other words, where is the outrage? We must demand better government, but at the same time we must be held personally responsible for allowing congress to look like it does and for financial decisions we all made. On the bright side, my new 2 week old heart valve has certainly been tested by all of this news.....and I'm doing well.

I think the best way to describe the US market is we just had a financial Katrina. The levies broke, the economy is flooded. Government once again was late to respond to the tragedy, but now are playing catch up. The response from government has been mixed. The Federal Reserve and the treasury have taken reasonable steps. The President,the speaker of the House and majority leader Reid have been deplorable. The lack of leadership has been astounding. As much as I would like to play the blame game, we need to save the credit system. When the waters recede from our financial Katrina, we will discover how much damage has been done. We will rebuild the financial system. The question is will we hold politicians accountable? Where is the outcry for resignations of political leaders? If your a democrat, how can you stand by Nancy Pelosi,Harry Reid , Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. If your a republican how can you not condemn the president for another lapse of management. In other words, where is the outrage? We must demand better government, but at the same time we must be held personally responsible for allowing congress to look like it does and for financial decisions we all made. On the bright side, my new 2 week old heart valve has certainly been tested by all of this news.....and I'm doing well.
Glad your valve is doing well...these times are a true test.

I think that there is outrage,but there are no constructive outlets
that will make any progress. It seems that people are stymied by this.

I actually blame the people for taking out these home loans, and then not paying them. come on, if you are responsible enough to sign the papers and move into a house, PAY THE MORTGAGE! I had one of those 0 down loans, I paid my mortgage every month, no matter how much it sucked. I hate to say it, but people get these loans and then don't pay them....hello! What did we think was going to happen! Pay your bills America! Then we wouldn't be in this crisis! Budget budget budget, stop using the plastic irresponsibly, and learn to live within your means!

I actually blame the people for taking out these home loans, and then not paying them. come on, if you are responsible enough to sign the papers and move into a house, PAY THE MORTGAGE! I had one of those 0 down loans, I paid my mortgage every month, no matter how much it sucked. I hate to say it, but people get these loans and then don't pay them....hello! What did we think was going to happen! Pay your bills America! Then we wouldn't be in this crisis! Budget budget budget, stop using the plastic irresponsibly, and learn to live within your means!
I'm with you on that one!
When my last car decided to quit on me, I could have easily bought a new
one. But I knew that because of surgery,there would be lean times ahead
and didn't. I mean If I can restrain myself,anyone can:rolleyes:

In other words, where is the outrage? We must demand better government, but at the same time we must be held personally responsible for allowing congress to look like it does and for financial decisions we all made.

I've been screaming outrage for around 6 years now and so far, I feel like I'm the only one doing it. One of me isn't going to change all of them. :(

I totally agree.

I also don't understand these corporations that tell their CEO's and CFO's - "You've made a mess out of this company - YOUR FIRED! Oh ---- and here's a $40 million parting gift. Now be gone with you!"

I'm sure I could do a pretty good job of running a company into the ground - where do I sign up? :)

I totally agree with you on this one too! "If you bite off more than you can chew, don't complain when you're choking!":D

I agree 100%. Being in the auto industry and having the opportunity to look at credit bureaus daily I have seen a trend toward slow and even no pay. We are a high line dealer and this was restricted to the one or two poor souls a month who seemed to wander in to the wrong showroom. What is mind boggling is seeing folks with incomes over $150,000 that are behind or just letting things go into collection. We always ask if there is an underlying reason such as illness or death because this can make a difference in rates but more time than ever there is no explanation or a shrug of the shoulders.

Bad things happen to good people but that is not the rule. Pay your bills America, PLEASE, so that I can continue to pay mine!!!!

Hi Al,
I like it!

Perhaps everyone should change from either Republican or Democrat to Independant, and let both parties know how upset we really are with the "business as usual" politicans.

This whole situation upsets me to the core.

Rob

I have been saying for years that we need another REAL party, but that party must begin quickly after an election in order to be ready for the next election. The parties we have are too bogged down with cronyism and money that they have stymied the whole system and run it mostly without our input.

What I would like to see is a government by the people, for the people.
Wouldn't that be unique?
I would also like to see the majority rule, and dump the years out of date electoral college.

What I would like to see is a government by the people, for the people.
Wouldn't that be unique?
I would also like to see the majority rule, and dump the years out of date electoral college.
Sometimes I believe the only reason for use of the electoral college is
to confound the people even further,ultimately making us less aware
than we already are.

But I am probably just paranoid as usual

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back