CryoLife SynerGraft?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dwfreck

I've read that there are various problems with CryoLife SynerGraft orthopedic tissue that resulted in a class action lawsuit and settlement.

I've also read that a series of SynerGraft heart valve implants in children was abandonned in Europe because of rapid failure of the valves.

What I haven't been able to find is the current status of the SynerGraft heart valves in adults in the USA.

Has anyone got any recent information on these?

Its funny that you are posting on this. I sent Cryolife an email requesting information on this product yesterday. I thought it may be an option for my son. When I hear back from them I am more than willing to either post what their response is or to forward the email to you.

Hugs

Allison

Allison,

I've read your description of Derek's condition and it broke my heart (I know, my heart was already broken :) ). The CryoLife sounds so promising, especially for children. Unfortunately, a series of SynerGraft replacements in children in Austria showed a high failure rate, and was abandonned.

I'll keep you up-to-date on my own search as I find anything. What I've learned so far I got from a Yahoo/Google search on the phrases "cryolife synergraft" and "synergraft valve".

I've also tried Nancy's suggestion to search these forums for "synergraft" and it turned up pages and pages of stuff, which will take a while to read through.

Dale,

That would be great if you would keep me up to date on what you find. Feel free to email me at home.

Hugs

Allison

There are 2 kids on a heart board that I belong to who have gotten these valves recently. I do believe that they are both aortic valves. I have asked the mom's for infor on them but havent heard back but when I do I'll let you know.

Allison

Latest posts

Back