CryoLife, Inc. Voluntarily Suspends Use of SynerGraft Technology

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

scottvant

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/sigdev.asp?Symbol=CRY

(Apologies if this has already been discussed... Found this article while doing a search on SynerGrafts after hearing conflicting reports of whether or not the technology was being used at my hospital at the time of my surgery and if I might or probably do not have one... Call placed to the hospital was returned with a "We'll find out for you" but that was a week ago, still waiting...)

CryoLife, Inc. Voluntarily Suspends Use of SynerGraft Technology
February 25, 2003
CryoLife, Inc. announced that it has advised the FDA that it will voluntarily suspend use of the SynerGraft technology in the processing of allograft heart valves and vascular tissue until the regulatory status of the CryoValve-SG and CryoVein- SG is resolved. The FDA has not suggested that these tissues be recalled. Until such time as the issues surrounding the SG tissue are resolved, the Company will employ its traditional processing methods on these tissues. Distribution of allograft heart valves and vascular tissue processed using the Company's traditional processing protocols will continue.

Latest posts

Back