count me in!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Timer Here...

First Timer Here...

Wow Megan, If you can make it through 3 and going on a 4th OHS, I guess I can make it through my first. I have a bicuspid Aorta and just had an angiogram cath last week and found that my valve measurement was .56 instead of the 1.0 shown on the echo. I'm seeing the heart surgeon next week to schedule AVR. They want to do surgery within the month. I've only known about my bicuspid the last 6 years. I'm 47 and have two great kids, so I don't need to worry about pregnancy. My doctors initial recommendation is the mechanical valve. I live in So. Calif. and will most probably have surgery at Los Robles Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, CA. The heart surgeon my insurance uses is Dr. Richard J. Declusin and is highly regarded among friends that are in the medical professsion in our area. Is there anyone on the forum that is familiar with Dr. Declusin? Do you know of other heart surgeons in the Ventura county, Southern Calif. area? I can use whatever encouragement and advise you all can give. Maureen
P.S. I did by Adam Pick's book "A paitent's Guide to HSV" and it was very informative...:)

Back