Coumadin via mail order

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Igor

I?m 2 month + post op and it looks like my coumadin dosage has stabilized on 8 mg a day. Now I am wondering where the best place I can order coumadin via mail order, perhaps via Canada mail order. I checked the prices there and it looks like it?s 5 times cheaper to buy it in Canada than in US (My BCBS does not cover it as much as generic drugs). Has any body done this?

When it came time to refill my long-term medications (Lanoxin and Coumadin), I called my insurance company and asked them the cheapest way (for them and me) to get the prescriptions. They directed me to Walgreens in Florida. The cardiologist wrote out prescriptions for both for 90 pills with three refills (a year's supply), and I sent them to Florida. The meds came just fine, and I just received the first refill. The cost for this on my co-pay plan was $20 each, but refilling them locally one month at a time would have cost $30-45 each.
I too am interested in a cheaper way to get the meds, especially since my dosage has increased for the summer due to increased activity. I have a prescription for 5mg tablets, but I'm taking 7mg 3X a week during the summer, which means that I have to have other prescriptions filled.

Mail order in PA

Mail order in PA

Hi-I have BCBS of MA which allows mail order @ 5.00 for generic and $10.00 for brand. My cardio will only allow brand (more stable-or so the group believes). I have Rx's for 2mg, 4mg, & 5mg each with 180 pills per refill. Express Scripts in PA was great. I wrote them a short note explaning that depending on my INR, I would be on anyway from 2mg to 15mg daily. They allowed all of the Rx's to be filled. They also allowed Lovenox 30mg and 60mg syringes to be filled for a $10.00 co-payment. Ya can't beat that!
Gisele

Latest posts

Back