Coumadin Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Patricia Choate

Hi everyone, Just wanted to let you know that I contacted QAS last week and have started the paperwork to get my own Protime monitor. The first hurdle will be getting the prescription from my cardiologist...the second will be getting Blue Cross to pay at least some of the cost of the machine. In the meantime, I had my protime checked at the lab yesterday. Told them to use a butterfly..they did...and it was not as painful as usual. Will have to wait till Monday to get the results as the clinic was closed today.Will keep you posted. Patricia

I haven't given up the fight yet. I'm determined to get my Doc to see things my way for a change. I've listened to him for years, now I think it's time for him to give me the same courtesy. I warned him about my surgery and asked him at what point they would trach me. I was right about all that coming to pass, so he should fully understand why I'm being as persistent as I am about wanting to home test.

I will keep on him about it until he either retires, quits practice, or gives in!

I just received check for my Pro Time from Blue Cross, Healthmate Coast to Coast.

They covered 80% but not 80% of the full cost of the machine. Also, 80% of supplies.

I had to go to the lab last week and realized how awful it was and felt very grateful for the Pro Time.

Everyone at QAS goes beyond the call of duty. They did a great job working with my insurance.

My PCP refused to allow me to have it. He felt it wasn't necessary.

So, I went through my cardio surg and his NP did all the paperwork and really endorsed self testing.

I then had to go back to my PCP and my self testing has been gradually accepted by him and he has been working with me in dosing to the point I can adjust my dose on my own.

Ross, have you tried one of your other doctors?

I think I saw that Medicare may be covering it now?

The Pro Time bonus referral program ($50.00) enabled me to name this site (via Hank) as the referral source. I think it was Ann that helped me figure that out.

Good luck Patricia.

Donna

Latest posts

Back