Coumadin Fragility

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djacq

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
I am wondering if anyone "pre packs" their Coumadin and for how long? I have been having difficulty with wide INR swings since summer. Blammed it on hydration etc.

This morning as I was "packing" my Coumadin for two weeks, I noticed the ones still in my pack were not as shinny as the ones in my new bottle.

I am suddenly concerned that "pre Packing" for two weeks may affect the viability of the tablets....longer exposed to air, etc ?

I have a metal cannister for my pocketbook to protect from heat in the car and also now concerned that is not enough protection for Coumadin.

Is this all my parania about keeping my INR in normal range?

Thank you for any info you my have. Unable to reach my pharmacy if they would even know these answers as well as this group!
Donna

Straight off of the package insert:

Protect from light. Store at controlled room temperature (59°-86°F, 15°-30°C). Dispense in a tight, light-resistant
container as defined in the USP.

They should be fine so long as they don't disintegrate when you touch them. (Moisture Contamination)

If the tablets are not as shiny, then you may have worn some of them down. Try packing them with cotton balls, so they do not roll up against each other.

I believe that they have a very thin coating, that wears off easily. They should be rotated from their storage areas frequently.

Back