Coumadin/Amio/COq10 interactions

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexter Bob

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am kinda moving this discussion over from Heart Talk.

I was interested in starting some COq10 supplements since I am taking Crestor(statin). At my last ACT Clinic visit they requested I not start this until they had my INR stabilized from dropping my 200mg daily dose of Amiodarone. I understand the COq10 has some effect on INR.

Because the half life of Amio is so varied I am wondering how soon my INR will stabilize. I just realized I goofed and quit the Amio a week early, the 11th :rolleyes: My next ACT Clinic is not until the 30th. Should I be getting tested sooner??

No, I think it won't make much of a difference as far as the Amiodarone goes. That leaves the body real slowly and the change in INR is gradual when you quit. The changes in INR tend to be earlier when you just start the drug. I've been on Amiodarone several times and for me it actually takes a few months before my warfarin dose edges back to where it was prior to starting the Amio.

Are you starting the COq10 to lessen the muscular skeletal aches with the Crestor? I'm considering going back on Lipitor if the COq10 really does make a difference. How much COq10 are you going to take?

Latest posts

Back