Cough spasm anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveEM

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi All, everything seems to be going well, breathing is OK, walking is progressing, etc. Then, over the weekend, I develop this spasm like need to cough from deep in my chest. Seems to get better during the day, but is really bad at night and I use pain killers to numb-up enough to sleep. My surgeon is prescribing me a bronchial dilator (Advair) to take once in morning and once at night. My lungs don't seem to have fluid in them and I'm still consistently losing the water weight I gained post-op. Anyone else have this experience?

DAve

Hey Dave-
As it is getting very cold here, the heater is going more inside and drying the air, hence my need to clear my throat and cough. I DON'T like to cough, it hurts. I am spending a good deal of time on the spirometer, just to make sure all stays clear, but I think my issue is dry air right now.
Love my pillow :)

I wonder if its better during the day or better when you are standing up
and more symptomatic after you lay down? If so this could help you or
your doc to diagnose it easier. Otherwise I don't remember experiencing
anything like it.
My best-Dina

I keep getting an annoying tickle in the back of my throat that makes me want to cough... but there's not really anything to cough up. Instead I've been "hrmmphing" trying to clear it with various success.

After accidentally breathing in a mouthful of water, I'm reluctant to have to cough ever again!!

Hope the Advair helps.

A : )

Latest posts

Back