Cost of Aortic and Mitral Valve replacements along with repair of tricuspid valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone would know how much would it cost to replace the aortic, mitral valves and repair of the tricuspid. My dad has medicare part A and B but no supplemental insurance. We are planning to get the procedure done at Duke. Would anyone be kind enough to share their knowledge around the out-of-pocket costs we should expect to pay?
I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thank you.

Medicare Part A will cover the majority of his hospital expenses and Part B will cover a significant portion of his surgeon and post-op care........but there will be a significant out-of-pocket cost, I suggest you talk to Duke about other programs he may be eligible for.

When we had our twins in the hospital for 4 mos, we found the social worker at the hospital who worked with the business office to be great about explaining costs and getting us signed up for supplements to our insurance. It was very non-stressful to get this info and routine for them. So I would agree to call Duke, explain you need to know out of pocket costs and I think they'll be more than happy to help you. They'd rather discuss and plan and assist you in figuring out where all the payment will come from upfront than go to collection later.

Latest posts

Back