Coreg Shortage???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Today my pharmacy told me they were out of Coreg, and didn't know when they would be getting more. Upon calling Glaxo Smith Kline, they said that all their wholesalers are waiting; it is simply listed as back ordered. They have no approximation of when it will be available again. My problem is that I am deathly allergic to lopressor---it nearly killed me, and Coreg turned out to be the wonder drug that was prescribed for me when my lopressor allergy was discovered. Before my VR I took Coreg for CHF and have continued it for blood pressure and heart function since. Does anyone have a suggestion of what medications I can talk to my cardio about?

Mike

I think you should stick with the medication that works.

Ask the cardio for samples and seek other pharmacies, perhaps mail order. I see a Canadian pharmacy has it for $110 (generic) and $156 (brand) for 100 tablets.

Good Luck

Hubby takes Coreg..Gets it from local Eckerd's drug store..I will be glad and call tomorrow and ask them if they have it in stock...Maybe it's just your drugstore? Bonnie

Oh Lordy!!!!!

Oh Lordy!!!!!

I hope this doesn't mean I will have trouble getting it.....I don't need another bout with my Congestive Heart Failure....:eek: :eek: :eek: Harrybaby

Thanks for your replies. I really don't want to break in another med as Coreg seems to sooth my heart. Thanks, Bonnie, for calling your pharnacy; I'm interested to see what Eckerd in your neck of the woods says. We also get our meds from Eckerd. I feel the same way, Harry--I don't need more hassle. All we have talked to at the pharmacy or the drug manufacturer are being very careful to not give us much info about Coreg's future, so I don't know what to think.
Mike

I've got a 90 day supply of 25 mg tabs sealed new in the bottle. I'll sell it for $1000. Maybe there's a market for this stuff on eBay?

(of course I'm kidding)

Hi Everyone! Please keep us posted if anyone has any info on this....my mom does very well on Coreg and has a hard time tolerating ACE inhibitors. She gets her Coreg at Wal-Mart, and the thought of a shortage is:eek: Thanks!! Debbie

Mike

Mike

I called my Pharmacist at Eckerd's in Cleveland Ga. and she said, that they had no problems getting it....Bonnie

Thanks, Bonnie

I'm seeing my cardio in two weeks for the one year check-up post-op. I'll pump him for info. I'm not sure how to decipher the riddle of the coreg supply.

Mike

Coreg Shortage Update

Coreg Shortage Update

I saw my cardio for my one year check-up and asked him about the Coreg shortage. He said all they know is that several of their patients had called and were asking what to do. As of today they had no answer other than to say that if needed there are other medications we can try. Curious to me that the pharmaceutical co. is being so cryptic with info, why it doesn't seem to be in short supply in other areas of the country and why is it being advertised on tv if it's on back order. If I hear anything else I'll post it. Hope you'll do the same.

Mike

Latest posts

Back