cool thing to send soldiers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynlw

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
If you go to the web site at www.letssaythanks.com you can pick
out a thank you card and the Xerox Corporation will print it and it will be
sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out
who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services. It is
FREE and it only takes a second. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers
received a bunch of these?
lyn

Thanks for the post Lyn. I'm going to go to do that.

I had an adopted "son" through Adoptaplatoon and wrote to him a lot while he was in Iraq. Got to meet him in person when we were in Paris 2 summers ago. He's stationed in Germany and he drove to Paris to meet us. We still keep in touch and he and his family will be visiting us in December. Then my son's best friend spent a year in Iraq, so we "adopted" him. I was just thinking that I need to do another adoption. Our service people really appreciate getting mail.

This is Chris and me when we met in Paris. It was like we'd known each other for ever.

You Girls Are Great!

You Girls Are Great!

Lyn, Thanks! I don't think we can thank them enough for their service. I apreciate every chance I get! Brian

I went to the site. It literally takes just a minute (if you're not really fussy about card design). I'm going to continue to visit this site regularly and send off a card.

Karlynn said:
I went to the site. It literally takes just a minute (if you're not really fussy about card design). I'm going to continue to visit this site regularly and send off a card.

Thanks and speaking of designs lol I was looking at the site and know there are members here that are teachers, sunday school teachers and other people that work w/ kids I saw they are always looking for new designs and kids 6-14 can submit artwork
never mind i'll just copy and paste because i think kids would be thrilled to do this :)
http://www.letssaythanks.com/SubmitDesign.html

We’re continually looking to add artwork to our Web site collection. Children ages 6-14 are invited to submit original artwork—anything from patriotic themes to local and regional landmarks—for use in postcards signed by site visitors and delivered to troops stationed abroad.

Designs must be submitted on standard white letter-sized paper. Please use crayons, colored pencils or markers, but no glitter or metallic ink. Artwork will not be returned and will be selected on a rolling basis.

For more design details and to submit click here for an entry form.

Great Idea!

Great Idea!

Lyn, There you go again! I'll try to pass that on as well. Brian

Thank you so much. I have shared this with several Arizona Friends who noticed that several of the designs were made by children in Arizona. Our son, whose hometown is Tempe, AZ has mailed several cards too. Appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Blanche

Back