Cooker's Throwdown Friday .... 3-27-15

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooker

Chillin, just chillin....
Supporting Member
Up 3/4 pounds this week. Keeping this short. Not much to report. How did you do this week?
Have a great week..... wishing all good health.

2015 Starting Weight: 243.50
Last Week's Weight: 236.50
This Week's Weight: 237.25

Weight when I went eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk a few months ago: 273
Weight when I settled back in for several weeks (same weight when I finished cardiac rehab 10 years ago): 269
Weight this morning: 267

Wow, actual progress? Would like to work it back down into the 250s -- that would be good progress for me.

I have been keeping up the dawgwalking, and trying to get back into x-biking in community workout room. Also, since we eat out or take out so much, bought a new American Diabetes Assn book. "Eat Out, Eat Well" that has lots of good ideas for making wise selections at eateries. Ideas apply whether you are diabetic or not.

Scared my DW silly last night when had a sudden dizzy spell while watching NCAAs. Subsided when I drank a few bottles of water -- may have been dehydrated. Or may had done a dumb thing (my specialty) -- felt like cold might be creeping back in so took a dose of cold medicine without drinking much water to go with it. Yes, that can make you dizzy. If I don't feel better, yes I will get checked out.

Where are our Throwdowners on this fine weekend?

My Medicare-approved 30 chiropractic adjustments have ended, and to continue it would be a payment of $175 a month for one adjustment a week. (My approved visits were for two a week.) Though what they did seems to have helped, that seems excessive to me. Another new chiro in the area offers unlimited adjustments per week for $49 a month. I'm considering trying that, because I do notice back and hip pain creeping back in now that my chiro visits are over. Pricing and consistency with chiros amount to a kind of crapshoot though, it seems. Any thoughts about chiros?

Okay, you guys are providing badly needed accountability as I have put off weighing myself. I have gained 20 pounds since August! 20 POUNDS! Yeah that's an EEEEEEEEKKK moment.

I have been working too much, exercising and sleeping too little, and eating WAY too much (and unhealthy food) and need to take better care of myself.

Starting weight 150, should be 130 for my height and health.

I will track today, eat healthy foods and make time to exercise. Then I will repeat, and repeat and repeat.

Nice progress with the exercise and new eating ideas Superbob, keep it up!! Stay in the game Chimp! : )

sounds like a good plan on your part, dornole! Look forward to following your progress as I try to sustain mine. Accountability and inspiration all around this Saturday morning! :Face-Smile:

Five weeks post op and my appetite has returned big time. If I keep eating and snacking like this I'll put the lbs. on fast. I'm up to 191.2 about a pound and a half ..hope to get control of the urge to eat quickly. Walking three to four miles a day and I can drive again on Wednesday. Hooray. Bob, I haven't been to a chiro in decades. Good health all!

Had a good eating day yesterday and started a downward trend... Good news Bob! I don't go to the chiropractor much but when I need it nothing else will do!! Jim, eating is an important part of recovery but it sounds like you have the right combination so keep up the good work!! Dornole, it's easy to put on and hard to take off!! I'll be cheering you on as well!!!

Yesterday was the first day I felt like my old self since non heart related surgery in January and a second surgery in March.... I have to do my part... I have to start eating right and when the healing process allows start walking again... I'm encouraged...

Sounds like some good news all around -- I know we struggle with our appetite but surely that's a good sign,Jim, to have it back. Your walking plan sounds great. And Mr. Chimp, it's great to hear that you're feeling back to your old self, 'cause that's what we like here! And dornole, we all have those eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk moments (having noted one of my own):Face-Smile-Big: -- congrats on having a plan for getting back on track.

My first throw down. I am 5 weeks post AVR and am 18 lbs lighter.
263 at surgery on 3/2/2015
245 on 3/28/2015
But my appetite is returning and I feel like a pregnant guy. I'm eating things I never would have before. Potatoe chips, little Debbie snack cakes. I'm glad to have an appetite back but don't want to tumble off the snack cliff and lose my gain. I need to return to elk steaks and veggies. But the chips are so damn good. I never bought them before but feel like I van splurge a little on myself having gone though this ordeal.

Greg -- welcome! Great to have you here. Hope you will continue to commiserate with us. I thought I would lose weight like that with my OHS 10 years ago, but I didn't. However, I got a good start toward being fit (or more nearly fit) from taking Cardiac Rehab a few months later. Has your doc prescribed CR or is that a possibility? In addition to monitoring you as you transition back into exercise, they give tips about nutrition. I am no model of success, but at least I have maintained weight and even trimmed a few over the past decade, instead of bloating to over 300, which I would do if I just ate, ate, ate as is my tendency. Again, great to have you here! And occasional splurging is probably a good thing if worked into a healthy plan. If you can't get a prescription for CR, there are plenty of books and online advice around -- I'll be glad to recommend some if that would be helpful. Cheers…..

Latest posts

Back