Cooker's July 4th Throw Down 7-4

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quit 9 years ago-and now the only place I ever smoke is at night in bed:eek:
I mean...I don't actually smoke...I just dream that I'm smoking! Isn't that weird? It usually happens when I dream about my late sister, or someone else that was a smoking buddy. They offer me a cigarette...and I feel really guilty in my dream after I realize what I'm doing, but when I wake up, I'm relieved that it was only a dream. Hey! Maybe I could start dreaming about eating my favorite foods too...that way I could have my cake and (sorta) eat it too!

Anyway, I had a pretty good week myself. We even took in the traditional 4th of July parade. I decided to pack a pic-nic lunch to take with, making sandwiches with my "diet" buns and lo-fat ham. I bought a multi pack of individual serving size snacks that were called "Smart Snacks" that included baked Ruffles, pretzels and Sun Chips". I added some baby carrots and some "Fiber One" caramel bars, and a few bottles of spring water of course. That way, we had a very good lite lunch...and didn't have to go to the church grounds for their hamburgers or hotdogs or chicken dinner that they put on after the parade every year. I think that helped me survive the 4th.

I ended up losing 2.2 lbs this week for a grand total of 27.4 lbs!!!:D That means I got to my WW "target weight"...and received my bronze key chain tonight. I was pretty excited about that. I have now lost over 10% of my total starting weight. Next week, I should get a charm with a 16 on it to put on my key chain. I get that just for sticking with the program for 16 weeks.:)

If you're curious as to how the rest of my week went, you'll have to check out my blog. There is a link below.

Jeannie GREAT job:D....I have not dreamed about smoking but there are other things I have had dreams about along the same lines.....I think maybe we all dream about the forbidden that brings pleasre......If I could only dream about banana pudding and not get up and make it:D

Hey Cooker, quitting nicotine is the hardest things I ever did. I smoked for 35 years. INDULGE! No guilt. You can always loose the weight. Fight on!

Deb

Thanks Deb....it "is" the hardest thing that I have ever quit and I've quit some tuffies.....I ain't giving in...I know I can, I know I can:)

I really like Jeannies idea of dreaming our bad habits...Great work this week Jeannie, congrats on meeting your goal.

Its school hols here and sadly I have filled the house with treats for the kiddies....I am going to have to go to sleep now and dream of eating these sweets...LOL...

I just cant understand why my appetite is so out of control.......I don't eat until I am stuffed but I just seem to have a perpetual case of the munchies.....I feel great, food taste great (I guess the nicotine gum dulled my taste buds).....But at least I'm conscious of the fact I may be able to be used for a Butterball at the October reunion:eek:

I just cant understand why my appetite is so out of control.......I don't eat until I am stuffed but I just seem to have a perpetual case of the munchies.....I feel great, food taste great (I guess the nicotine gum dulled my taste buds).....But at least I'm conscious of the fact I may be able to be used for a Butterball at the October reunion:eek:

Well I'm having trouble too, and I didn't just give up nicotine gum.:(
Like you said, I've grazed nonstop for two days. I just don't get it.:confused:
Is there a full moon or something?

Cooker, sorry you're currently having a tough go of it. It will eventually improve. Your body is rebelling and trying to boss you around. Like someone else said, some weight gain is better than the nicotine. You'll be the chimp the ladies all know and run from again, just you wait and see. ;)

Well I'm having trouble too, and I didn't just give up nicotine gum.:(
Like you said, I've grazed nonstop for two days. I just don't get it.:confused:
Is there a full moon or something?

As Bonnie would have reminded us, the "Grands" are out of school, and we grandparents are taking care of them, and who could deny their grandkids plenty of munchies, and who can resist having some themselves? If it's any consolation, grandfather Superbob's weigh-in this week is going to be a disaster too. (Just one cause: s'mores pop-tarts. My granddaughter loves them. Superbob discovered he does too but they are definitely kryptonite.)

I feel like I should be too busy to eat! Yet I find the time anyway... :p I bought Nathan a smoker this past weekend. So we've had some YUMMY meat to eat this week. Sure is hard to resist when you walk into the house and it smells like food! :eek:

I got on my Wii Fit this morning after three busy days. It griped at me... But Nathan hasn't been on in eight! At least it isn't asking me where he is. ;) BUT, according to the Fit I'm down .2 pounds! ;) That's success, right? Even if I'll have gained it all back by tomorrow. :p

As Bonnie would have reminded us, the "Grands" are out of school, and we grandparents are taking care of them, and who could deny their grandkids plenty of munchies, and who can resist having some themselves? If it's any consolation, grandfather Superbob's weigh-in this week is going to be a disaster too. (Just one cause: s'mores pop-tarts. My granddaughter loves them. Superbob discovered he does too but they are definitely kryptonite.)
Thank you for the support, SB.
In the spirit of "frankly, I don't give a darn" I will go ahead and state my throw-down results.

UP TWO

Latest posts

Back