Congratulations Les Barrett!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Wagner

I just wanted say congratulations publicly to Les Barrett. Les was the first known man back in 2000 to run a marathon with a 'mechanical aortic heart valve.' On November 2nd, a lady by the name of Kathleen Scully, may become the first woman to do so, at the New York City Marathon. Fox Sports interviewed Les this past week. Les's recognition has been long overdue. ... Think about it ... his first valve operation didn't take, and then he came back to run a marathon!
"I am proud of you Les, for you have paved the way with hope and inspiration, for not just me, but for so many on this site from all over the country and world."

We 'all' now honor you, and now give you thanks.

your friend ... Mark

While I think I congratulated you in a PM or email (My CRS syndrome is acting up) I'll do it publicly also. Congratulations Les! You've paved the way for many and I wish you continued success.

Les you have always been an inspiration to us - I think I might've congratulated you, too but it never hurts to do it again. We are proud of you and that you are a member of our family. Being a pioneer has to be just awesome. Ann

congratulations, les!

congratulations, les!

you are just so amazing! i am in such awe of your accomplishments, both you and mark and all the other fine athletes on this site. i know what commitment and training goes into these things and you guys are just such a wonderful model for the rest of us all here.
keep on running and be well, sylvia

OUTSTANDING!

OUTSTANDING!

Way to go, Les! It's truly inspirational to see the stories of yourself, Mark, and others who are pushing the perceived boundaries.

Excellent!

Back