Cold, tingly hands

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosalia

Hello all

I was wondering if anyone had the experience of cold hands and feet. I have noticed that upon waking my hands are experiencing a little of the pins and needles thing, and when I am outside they are downright freezing. The weather is changing up here in Ontario, and it is getting colder outside. I am not on any meds besides aspirin, and have been told by other people that the blood thinning effect of the aspirin is probably causing the issue. Does this sound like anyone else's experience? I am coming up to my one year anniversary on November 16.

Also, I have developed a bony lump on the right side of my scar, towards the bottom. At first my GP told me he thought it was myocitis ossificans, and sent me for an x-ray. The x-ray showed I snapped a wire suture somehow. (probably doing side planks in yoga class, but that was 7 months post-op and I remember something felt odd and shifted) The x-ray did show my sternum is healed. So that's good, but I do have a bruise over the bump that comes and goes.

The first time I got the bruise it was "pre-bump" and it looked like something was bleeding from inside somewhere. My GP didn't seem concerned and said it was a bruise. Interestingly, it is in the exact place I now have the bony lump.

Are these abnormal events part of my "new-normal" that I just have to get over? I feel Ok, but sometimes I get tired and spacey from taking on too much. I was hoping that I would be fixed, meaning I would feel like I did before things started to slide down hill with my bicuspid valve. I was really hoping to have energy again like I did 3 years ago, but at the same time, I feel so much better then I did this time last year.

I guess I am just asking how everyone with a year behind them adjusted, and if there were odd things that happened.

Thanks for any input,

Rosalia

rosalia;n869766 said:
Hello allI was wondering if anyone had the experience of cold hands and feet. I have noticed that upon waking my hands are experiencing a little of the pins and needles thing, and when I am outside they are downright freezing.
Since July this year on four occasions when I've been outside in the morning my hands have suddenly become bright red, ice cold and painful - lasts about 15 mins until I can warm them up by putting them under my armpits.. This has been in the summer though - the only thing was that in the morning the air was fresher, but hardly cold. I saw my GP and he said "Reynauds syndrome" - but my fingers don't go white or blue so I'm not sure. GP also said "vascular". Now that the weather definitley is cool (UK) I am wearing gloves whenever I'm out as I don't want this to happen. I might ask my cardiologist when I see him next week. I would guess that unusually cold hands and feet are a vascular issue. I'm not on aspirin. Surely "blood thinning" doesn't mean colder ? It just means less likley to clot, and actually when hands and feet get very cold blood is more likley to clot as the circulation obviously isn't so good so aspirin would be a good thing then wouldn't it ? Just thinking outloud here.....might be completely wrong. I'll be interested to know what you find out.

Latest posts

Back