Coagulating Wound Sponges/Dressings

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobagotwo

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Don't know if these are already common knowledge, but I ran across them today. At the risk of looking foolish for not knowing, I'm going to trot these out these three products:

Quikclot Sport Brand Advanced Clotting Sponge

Swift First Aid Bloodstopper Sterile Multi-purpose Wound and Trauma Dressing, Expandable Wound Pad

CELOX First Aid Temporary Traumatic Wound Treatment

All are in Amazon.com, and probably a lot of other places. Have no idea how effective they are.

Best wishes,

I think Al Lodwick had some extra of those or similar items which He was willing to send to some of the members that wanted them. That was a long time ago.

There are all sorts of things that will stop bleeding.

When Joe had his total bleedout after gallbladder surgery due to a surgical mishap, one of the cardiologists spoke with the surgeon about opening him up again and using some kind of gel to stop the bleeding. He talked with me about it, and said it was a simple thing to do.

They tried some on my dental episode and it didn't work. Nothing would have except restitching, so as for how effective they are, I imagine very, if it's a wound that doesn't require stitching.

Latest posts

Back